Corporate Controller - Manufacturing / Cannabis
Professional Staffing Ventures Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are seeking a results-oriented and adaptable Director of Finance / Corporate Controller for innovative world-class facilities and vertically integrated businesses for the production, manufacturing, distribution, and sale of cannabis.
Directs budget and cost controls, financial analysis, accounting practices, and reports. Analyzes and interprets financial data and recommends changes to improve systems and financial performance. Supervises exempt and non-exempt accounting staff as well as human resources. Provides analytics to Senior Management and ownership.
The Director of Finance is responsible for the finance department and functions including accounting, costing, analysis, budgeting, planning, cash management, and financial reporting of the Company. Duties of the position include:
- Manage the Company’s accounting, costing, analysis, budgeting, cash management, and financial reporting.
- Oversees all general ledger and accounting practices including inventories, fixed assets, and payroll allocations.
- Manage the monthly close process, including account reconciliation, journal entries, and financial statement preparation.
- Oversee preparation of monthly, quarterly, and yearly financial reports and monitoring financial records, and maintaining accounts.
- Preparation of support schedules to assist in income tax reporting.
- Assure that accounting records are prepared, maintained, and reported in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and that all ledgers reconcile.
- Oversees the preparation of accurate and timely budgets, forecasts, and financial strategic plans.
- Conducts financial analysis at the highest level to interpret trends, variances from budgets, and variances from standards and provides advice and counsel consistent with established financial policy.
- Directs maintenance of fixed asset records and reports including depreciation accounts.
- Establishes methods to assure proper capitalization and expensing by class.
- Approves departmental schedules, procedures, systems, and methods to ensure timely, informative, and accurate reporting of all financial data.
- Prepares reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Performs assignments as supervisors may direct; establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the Company, and the vendor community.
- Maintains the professional competence, knowledge, and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
- Minimum Bachelor’s, CPA or equivalent
- 10+ years of progressive Accounting work experience ideally with a background in manufacturing, distribution, and/or operations
- An extensive and complete knowledge of accounting principles and practices to include FP&A
- Strong Excel skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Solid presentation skills.
- Analytical skills- must perform analysis, interpretation, and application to meet goals.
- Good planning and organizational skills are essential.
- A team player willing to learn and contribute.
- Aggressive, results-oriented skills with a desire to meet plans, timing, and cost targets willing to work through time-consuming problems to achieve the desired goal.
- Flexible and adaptable to a dynamic environment.
- Knowledge of QuickBooks Enterprise.
Compensation commensurate with experience. Please submit your resume for immediate consideration.
Tremendous opportunity for advancement and bonus potential. Inquire within.
Professional Staffing VenturesWhy Work Here?
Awesome growing company stability and growth opportunity! Make a difference!