Our client, a cannabis company is looking to hire an Accounting Manager to oversee the company's day-to-day financial tasks for distribution, cultivation, and retail. The Accounting Manager will also perform Staff Accounting responsibilities for managing both cost accounting, accounts payable, and receivable along with bank account management, account reconciliation, and invoice tracking. To qualify for this role, you should have previous experience with integrated ERP and accounting software as well as moderate to advanced proficiency with MS Excel. Our client is looking for an experienced accountant who possesses strong knowledge of inventory procurement, cost accounting, journal entries, and has the ability to provide on-demand reports. The Accounting Manager will report to the Director of Finance and will be responsible for managing and performing general accounting functions and other duties and tasks beyond the scope of accounting.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Record day to day financial transactions and complete the posting process.
- Reconcile sales taxes, payroll taxes, 401k, and bank accounts at the end of each month.
- Monitor financial transactions and reports.
- Assist in the maintenance of the general ledger of multiple legal entities.
- Assist with Process Costing.
- Support the monthly closing process by preparing supporting schedules and adjusting journal entries
- Process accounts receivable and payable.
- Month-end and year-end close procedures.
- Experience working with budgets, producing monthly P&Ls and COGS.
- Preparation for annual financial audits and work directly with auditors and outside consultants.
- Provide support to operations staff for ongoing accounting issues.
- Administrative duties relating to filing, scanning, faxing, mailing.
Education, Qualifications, and Skills
- Cannabis Industry experience required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and/or Finance preferred.
- Must possess excellent knowledge of general accounting principles.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of accounting experience to include job costing.
- Knowledge and experience with MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Experience with QuickBooks.
- Experience with Sales and Excise Tax.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Attention to detail and accuracy of work.
- Ability to assist in preparing, review and understand financial statements.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
Compensation Commensurate with Experience. Excellent opportunity for growth!
Professional Staffing Ventures
Why Work Here?
Awesome growing company stability and growth opportunity! Make a difference!