Professional Security Consultants (PSC) is currently interviewing to fill full-time & Part-Time officer shifts at Apache Mall, located in Rochester, MN. Candidates must be highly driven and have remarkable customer service skills.
If interested, submit your resume to this AD, apply online at pscsite.com or you can apply in person at the following location:
Apache Mall - 333 Apache Mall - Rochester, MN 55902 (Locate security for assistance)
- Security officers are expected to be observant and provide a visible deterrence to crime and disruptions in a Major Shopping Center.
- Officers assist guests, enforce rules and regulations, and ensure access control.
- The security officer's mission is to maintain a safe, secure and professional environment by interacting with the public, vendors, client's staff & other event support staff.
- Officers must successfully complete a comprehensive training program to prove they have the ability to perform all mall security duties, and follow company policies and client instructions.
- Reports to PSC Security Director, Asst. Security Director, Security Supervisors and the Client.
- Enforce and comply with company policies, post orders and client instructions.
- Provide a visual deterrence by maintaining high visibility at all times.
- Conduct detailed observations of people and property within their area of responsibility.
- Provide detailed written reports of incidents that occur within their area of responsibility.
- Enforce rules and regulations of the venue at all times.
- Provide access control to authorized persons.
- Prevent theft of property.
- Conduct foot patrols or fulfill standing posts in their area of responsibility as directed.
- Verbally interact with other people within their area of responsibility.
- Contact their supervisor when a situation occurs outside of their training & knowledge.
- Contact law enforcement or emergency responders when appropriate.
- In addition to the above primary functions the security officer may also be called upon to fulfill other job-related activities as they may arise from time to time.
- The security officer must be able to stand and walk for several hours at a time.
- Officers must possess superior interpersonal skills and be willing and able to speak confidently and professionally in English with people or groups of people while representing the company and the client.
- Officers must be able to operate common communications equipment such as 2-way radios and cell phones.
- Officers must have exceptional written/oral communication, organizational and time management skills and be able to work alone or with groups of people for long periods of time both inside and outside.
- Officers require developed teamwork skills in order to accomplish company and client goals quickly and efficiently.
- Good leadership skills are essential for advancement with an emphasis on guiding other employees while setting a good example.
- Possess a valid state Driver's License or ID.
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- Possess or be able to obtain a state security license (if applicable).
- Clean-cut, polished, and very professional appearance.
- Effective communicator (orally and written); must write accurate & grammatically correct reports.
- Courteous, flexible and have professional attitude under pressure.
- Flexibility to work various hours and days.
- Applicants must pass skill assessment interview.
- Remain free from illegal drug use.
Professional Security ConsultantsPSC currently provides security guard service to approximately 200 malls, government municipalities, hotels, private communities, other government facilities and has operations in across the US. We have been providing such service since 1991. We provide security services to some of the largest mall operators. In addition we provide security services to the Federal Government and to Fortune 500 Companies which include consulting, executive protection, and event planning services since 1985 worldwide.