Professional Security Consultants (PSC) is currently seeking to hire motivated individuals for open full-time and part-time security officer positions at Grand Bazaar Shops, located in Las Vegas, NV.
If interested, please submit your resume to this ad, apply online @ pscsite.com or apply in person at the following location: Downtown Summerlin - 2025 Festival Plaza Drive - Suite #105 - Las Vegas, NV 89135
You can also call 702-768-0214 (Bill Corder) or 818-641-2962 (Vince Guerrero) and request to set up an interview.
Under direct supervision, the Security Officer Position patrols assigned areas to ensure protection of clients, visitors, property and equipment.
• Provide Superior Customer Service; A “People Person”, enthusiastic and friendly
• Watches for irregularities, such as security breaches, facility and safety hazards, and emergency situations; contacts emergency responders, such as police, fire, and/or ambulance personnel as required.
• Remains alert for the presence of unauthorized persons and/or security code violators; approaches suspicious person and/or notifies police as appropriate; may confront and detain violators, as required, until police arrive.
• Patrols assigned area on foot, on bicycle, or in motor vehicle, as assigned, to ensure personal, building, and equipment security
• Examines doors, windows, and gates to ensure security; uses client keys to open and close buildings; monitors closed buildings for unauthorized persons and/or suspicious activities.
• Prepares routine, standardized reports.
• Provides escorts as necessary
• Informs and warns violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking, or carrying forbidden articles.
• May provide specialized security in complex operational areas, requiring specific knowledge of the operating environment.
• Performs periodic checks of emergency call boxes and/or street lights to ensure proper functioning; reports all malfunctioning as required.
• Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
• The Supervisor performs all of the above tasks, plus assists with training, daily inspections, paperwork, reports, and oversees the shift deployment (including breaks and lunches).
JOB SKILLS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ability to communicate effectively with others both orally and in writing.
• Ability to walk and climb stairs.
• Ability to walk and stand for extended periods of time.
• Ability to work outside in extreme weather conditions.
• Ability to see and hear accurately in both day and nighttime conditions.
• Ability to comprehend numerous policies, procedures, concepts and to be able to respond using discretion and interpretive judgment based on general and specific policies.
• Ability to retain knowledge, information, and directions on an ongoing basis and communicate effectively with others.
• Ability to maintain accurate records.
• Ability to react appropriately in emergency situations.
• Knowledge of cardiopulmonary resuscitation and first aid (Training Provided if needed)
• Knowledge of portable fire extinguishers and their locations.
• Knowledge of the geography of the site to which assigned.
• Skill in operating portable radio devices.
• Basic knowledge of computers.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Possess a valid state Driver's License (preferably with a clean driving record) or ID.
- Must have a NV state security license.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Clean-cut, polished, and very professional appearance.
- Effective communicator (verbal and written); must write accurate & grammatically correct reports.
- Courteous, flexible and have professional attitude under pressure.
- Remain free from illegal drug use.