- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Professional Security Consultants (PSC) is currently interviewing to fill open full-time security dispatcher position at Park Meadows Resort in Lone Tree, CO.
If interested, please submit resumes to this ad and apply online at pscsite.com so you can be scheduled for an interview. You can also apply in person at the following location:
Park Meadows Resort – 8401 Park Meadows Center Drive – Lone Tree, CO. 80124
Swing Shift: Saturday – Wednesday 3pm to 11pm Thursday & Friday OFF
Relieving Shift – Tuesday & Wednesday 7am to 3pm Thursday – Saturday 3pm to 11pm
Benefits: Available to employees after 60 days of full-time (36+ weekly hours) employment.
PSC has provided security services to resorts and other facilities for years. We are a national, growing company providing our employees with a stable career and the opportunity for a bright future through growth and advancement. Currently we are seeking a full-time Security Dispatcher at Park Meadow, CO
Security Dispatcher Required Skills
Skills required to become a Security dispatcher, such as the ability to operate various computer and communication equipment, usually are learned through 1-2 months of on-the-job training. Personal characteristics that might be advantageous for Security dispatchers include good judgment skills, since they need to prioritize the calls they receive by order of importance, as well as good communication skills, since they must relay information between parties. They also must have good speaking skills and be comfortable talking to people in various emotional states. Security dispatchers should be comfortable reading maps and be familiar with their assigned tasks. It's also helpful for Security dispatchers to be trained in emergency medical services so they can help callers manage emergency situations while they're waiting for help to arrive.
Under general supervision, the selected dispatcher receives and dispatches emergency and non-emergency calls for Park Meadows Security Department.
· Able to handle multiple tasks to receive and communicate information to and from several sources ensuring calls for service are dispatched and monitored in a timely manner.
· Knowledge of computer operations sufficient to enter, retrieve and manipulate data.
· Ability to operate a wide variety of computers, radios and recording equipment
· Performs call reception and dispatch activities utilizing computer-aided dispatch system.
· Ability to exercise a high degree of good judgment and independence while evaluating emergency and non-emergency situations and the ability to make split-second decisions.
· Ability to multi-task, gather and disseminate information clearly, accurately and rapidly in urgent situations.
· Ability to read and follow oral and written instructions
· Ability to calm irate and hysterical persons
· Primary job responsibilities include answering non-emergency & emergency calls for the Security Department.
· Ensure correct resources are sent to each call for assistance
· Determine priority, nature, disposition and location of calls for assistance.
· Maintain the status of security personnel when dispatched for service
· Keep complete and accurate records, logs and reports
· High school graduate or General Educational Development (GED) certificate
· Type a minimum of 25-35 wpm
· Ability to pass a thorough background investigation.
· Law enforcement, military or previous security experience preferred
· Employment history of responsibility and trustworthiness
· Willing and able to work weekends and holidays. Availability to work shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays
· Willing and able to work mandatory overtime during critical incidents
· Ability to sit, talk and hear
· Ability to use hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls
· Ability to reach with hands and arms
· Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
· Vision abilities include close vision and ability to adjust focus
· Ability to function in work environment with moderate noise level from several sources creating constant activity Additionally, answers or refers inquiries and complaints regarding a wide variety of public safety and related matters, accesses, retrieves, and transmits vehicular or incident information to officers, and relays relevant situational information to security.
Security Dispatcher Description;
· Dispatchers provide a critical role in the delivery of security services
· Technically challenging work requiring specific abilities and intensive training
· Question callers to obtain the information needed to determine an appropriate course of action. They also must create and maintain logs of all calls received and prepare reports as necessary. Experienced Security dispatchers will assist in training new dispatchers.
Security Dispatcher Responsibilities;
Security dispatchers are assigned to receive calls and requests for service. They're responsible for determining the nature of the calls they receive, as well as the location of the callers. They also are responsible for monitoring the location of emergency service personnel. Using this information, Security dispatchers direct the appropriate type and number of emergency service units to emergency scenes. Security dispatchers must maintain communication with the dispatched units to monitor their response, in addition to maintaining communication with callers to monitor emergency situations and give first-aid instructions if necessary
Job Duties and Tasks for: "Dispatcher"
· Schedule and dispatch officer’s, equipment, or patrol vehicles to appropriate locations according to customer requests, specifications, or needs, using radios or telephones.
· Relay work orders, messages, and information to or from maintenance, supervisors, and officer’s using telephones or two-way radios.
· Prepare daily work and run reports.
· Oversee all communications within specifically assigned expectations.
· Record and maintain files and records of customer requests, work or services performed, inventory, and other dispatch information.
· Be proficient with all procedures and equipment associated with the Security Dispatcher position and the Security Dispatch center.
· Radio system, Siren, paging, and radio control back-up equipment
· Security cameras, CCTV recording system, video analytics
· Telephone and Radio recording system
· Provide emergency medical instructions over the phone
· Security forms, audits and daily logs and reports
· Fire Alarm Panel Monitor
· Advise personnel about traffic problems such as construction areas, accidents, congestion, weather conditions, and other hazards.
· Monitor and direct emergency and non-emergency dispatches utilizing call prioritization, all/incident location identification, and intra-departmental responses following Park Meadows policies to minimize potential dangers to the community and first responders.
Professional Security Consultants
Professional Security Consultants
8401 Park Meadows Center DrLone Tree, CO
Get fresh Security Consultants jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.