Professional Search Group (PSG) is seeking a Planning and Purchasing Specialist for one of our better clients a national Manufacturer and distributor leader of food and beverage located in Fullerton, CA. This Planning and Purchasing Specialist will be directly responsible for the procurement of all raw materials, ingredients and packaging necessary to meet production demand on both a short term and long-term basis, including providing support to the director of procurement on strategic purchasing decisions
Planning and Purchasing Specialist Responsibilities
- Establish a production schedule that ensures that targeted inventory levels and purchasing volume will meet customer demand.
- Collaborate with the procurement director to prepare and support the periodic RFP processes
- Maintain the materials requirement planning (MRP) module of the Company’s ERP system.
- Manage proper inventory levels for all items using standard re-order point methodologies.
- Successfully document and articulate savings and other value-added benefits to the business.
- Maintain and update standard costs for all bill of material items that will be used in the annual budgeting process.
- Work closely with the Company’s cost accounting manager to develop, measure and maintain standard costs that will serve as the benchmark for purchase price variance analysis and reporting (PPV’s)
Planning and Purchasing Specialist Experience
- Bachelor degree in supply chain management or equivalent is strongly preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in procurement, production planning, operation and material management
- Strong background in material management and/or plant operational experience.
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to determine and explain usage and pricing variances.
- Proficiency in MS Office software, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience with large ERP systems that use an MRP module is strongly preferred.