Professional Search Group (PSG) is seeking a Planning and Purchasing Specialist to join the team. The Planning and Purchasing Specialist reports directly to the Fullerton Plant Manager and Director of Procurement. This individual will have overall responsibility for production planning and procurement including day to day purchasing in order to maintain proper inventory levels to ensure that adequate stock is on hand to meet the Company’s production requirements. In addition, this individual will have the responsibility to make sure that goods are shipped and delivered in a timely manner, are packaged well, and are of the right quality.
This individual will be directly responsible for the procurement of all raw materials, ingredients and packaging necessary to meet production demand on both a short term and long term basis, including providing support to the director of procurement on strategic purchasing decisions. Must work closely with the Fullerton Plant Manager, Customer Service Manager and Production Personnel to develop both a short term and long term production schedule that ensures that adequate finished good levels are maintained to meet customer demand. This role also manages various transactional activities as related to systems and process, and provides daily support to operations at the plant level.
This individual will be a strategic thinker, have strong computer and ERP skills and be capable of managing complex tasks independently while working with and supporting the related stakeholders in a team approach.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with the operations personnel to establish a production schedule that ensures that targeted inventory levels and purchasing volume will meet customer demand.
- Work closely with the procurement director to prepare and support the periodic RFP processes with the Company’s vendors to ensure optimal supplier alignment.
- Maintain the materials requirement planning (MRP) module of the Company’s ERP system.
- Manage proper inventory levels for all items using standard re-order point methodologies.
- Successfully document and articulate savings and other value-added benefits to the business.
- Maintain and update standard costs for all bill of material items that will be used in the annual budgeting process.
- Work closely with the Company’s cost accounting manager to develop, measure and maintain standard costs that will serve as the benchmark for purchase price variance analysis and reporting (PPV’s)
- Work closely with R&D and Production Personnel to eliminate/minimize packaging and ingredient obsolescence
- Keep up with current purchasing trends and regulatory policies by taking courses, attending seminars/web casts, networking with other purchasing professionals and reading relevant material.
- Participate on new projects involving functional areas such as R&D, Operations, Sales and Marketing.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Degree in supply chain management or equivalent is strongly preferred.
- Strong background in material management and/or plant operational experience.
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to determine and explain usage and pricing variances.
- Proficiency in MS Office software, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience with large ERP systems that use an MRP module is strongly preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years of combined experience in procurement, production planning, operation and material management
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills including the ability to effectively present information to top management, suppliers, and customers.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and act quickly to solve problems.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Able to effectively interface with all levels and departments within the organization.
Apply for this amazing opportunity today!
Professional Search Group (PSG)