Professional Search Group (PSG) are seeking a Materials Coordinator for a fast moving industry in the manufacturing of health supplements. The Material Coordinator will assist by managing inventory and ensure that material resources are consistent with production plan and schedules. The Material Coordinator will be responsible for monitoring both soon-to-expire and expired materials, both active and inactive, and ensure they are consumed or disposed of.
Material Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Provides the Manager with a weekly update on assigned projects.
- Evaluates expired & soon to expire materials in house and at 3rd parties, coordinates with production planning and Schedulers on usage.
- Submits requests for re-certification to QC based of scheduled production dates.
- Follows up with contract manufacturers quality samplers to ensure proper sampling and testing is completed in a timely manner.
- Monitors existing Manufacturing Schedule for opportunities to use soon to expire material to cut down on retesting fees and avoid material expiration.
- Works closely with Manufacturing Scheduling/Planning Team to release and maintain Finished Good Planned Manufacturing Orders
Material Coordinator Requirements:
- Bachelor of Arts Degree Required
- Minimum 2+ years of relevant material planning experience
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work independently with excellent accuracy and with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work with multiple departments
- Must be proficient with Word and Outlook
- Must have excellent knowledge of Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Experience with ERP systems a plus
Professional Search Group (PSG)