PSG is working with a fast growing company in Los Angeles, seeking a Buyer to join our team! You will be responsible for the direct purchasing of materials necessary to complete operational projects.
The Buyer is responsible for procuring the material and components required to make the products according to the production planning. This position supports the department processes in evaluating vendors and suppliers and ensures a smooth material flow.
- Evaluate available supply channels to increase product value and reduce production cost
- Negotiate contracts with outside vendors
- Establish material and equipment budget
- Analyze and assess demand for production projects
- Log and record all invoices and purchasing orders
- Monitor inventory and storage of raw materials for manufacturing
- Develop and implement purchasing policies and procedures
- Minimum of 2-years of experience in the role of a Buyer in the dietary supplement, food, beverage, cosmetic, medical device or pharmaceutical industry
- High School Diploma
- Experience with contract manufacturers preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong attention to detail