Professional Search Group is exclusively managing the search for a Graduate Staff Accountant or Junior Accountant.
This role will be reporting into VP of Finance who is an active CPA (Get those hours signed off)
This company is a well known tech business who has been in San Diego for close to 30 years, ideally located in central San Diego with ample parking. The team culture is relaxed but focused, think work hard-play hard.
The Staff Accountant works with the Finance team in the maintenance and completion of accurate general ledger and financial statements. Responsible for multiple aspects of accounting functions including monthly journal entries, P&L Analysis, financial reporting, and account reconciliation maintenance.
In addition, the Staff Accountant will provide guidance and help with problem solving for the other members of the accounting team including, Accounts Payable, Billing and Collections.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely reporting and tracking of all financial data to ensure a four Day month end close
- Responsible for assisting with the preparation and maintenance of monthly General Ledger and its entries
- Creates and maintains entries and reconciliations for the month-end close process in-order to close and reconcile; Cash, Revenue, Prepaid, AP, AR, Payroll and Accruals for VP of Finance review
- Create deliverables, including but not limited to, Consolidated Financial Statements, Variance Analysis, AR Analysis, OT Analysis, Headcount Report, used in the financial package
- Perform monthly bank settlements, daily bank transactions and regularly maintain detailed reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts
- Serves as the backup for Accounts Payable and Collections
- Reviews the work of the AR specialist and helps to resolve any issues that arise
- Tracks all purchase orders against the approved budget and notifies the VP of finance of any negative variances
- Works closely with all departments to ensure accuracy and validity of financial data
- Prepares the annual personal property tax statement for review by the VP of Finance
- Assists the VP of Finance with the preparation of the annual budget
- Monitor cash balances and initiate wires for approval by the VP of Finance
- Assists in maintenance, research, and reconciliations of fixed assets
- Reviews and updates documented processes and procedures
- Performs other administrative functions and tasks as needed/assigned.
- Aids in special projects as required
- Assist with yearly audit documentation
- Trains new staff members on their day to day duties