Are you interested in being a part of a team that helps industrial facilities save money and energy?
• Do you enjoy managing multiple projects and initiatives in a fast-paced consulting environment and putting your people and critical thinking skills to good use?
• Are you interested in identifying, promoting, and developing energy efficiency projects to hit energy saving goals and delight your customers?
• Would you find it interesting to visit a variety of industrial sites, engaging your contracts to understand customer’s criteria for investment and sleuthing energy saving opportunities?
• Are you a life-long learner who feels shared success is the ultimate success?
If the answer is “Yes!” we would like to talk to you about joining our team!
We are seeking a highly motivated Technical Sales Specialist who will be the main point of contact for the coordination of Utility-offered industrial energy efficiency programs and resources. They will lead the delivery of electrical energy cost saving solutions to the Resource Extraction (Oil, Gas, Mining) Industries in Wyoming.
The Technical Sales Specialist proactively develops opportunities, builds and maintains relationships with customers, and act as the facilitator between customers, vendors, implementation contractors, and energy efficiency service providers. The successful candidate must have a thorough understanding of the Resource Extraction market segment and its use of electrical equipment.
This position in our Casper, WY office reports to the Program Manager. Travel is anticipated for this role approximately 40% - 60% of the time, consisting of primarily of day or multi-day trips.
As a part of our team, the most important qualifications are shared values, a customer-centric approach, and an aptitude for learning. You would be a great fit for this position if you:
• Have a BA/BS degree in Engineering, Environmental, Business Administration, Marketing, Communication, or related fields
• Exercise critical thinking and apply exceptional problem-solving skills while remaining flexible
• Pay close attention to customer “care-abouts” and build trusting, long-term, professional relationships
• Experience in energy efficiency, industrial environments, project management, or program delivery
• Enjoy building and leveraging networks by communicating effectively with a broad audience ranging from executives to equipment operators
• Hold a solid understanding of general industrial technologies (i.e., what systems use energy, how they use energy, what methods exist for reducing energy use)
• Understand project financial metrics, are able to re-frame them and position how projects are “sold” to
• Are Comfortable performing Public speaking and presentations at trade shows or events
• Continually develop relationships and are always looking for the next opportunity to provide value
• Are able to have the required conversations and communication with customers to ensure the proper stewardship of rate-payer funded energy efficiency programs
• Welcome coaching and feedback and strive for continuous improvement.