Software Engineering Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Software Engineering Manager – Can be fully remote anywhere in the US
The Company seeks a director of software engineering. In addition to leading and mentoring our developers and QA engineers, this position will assist in making infrastructure-level decisions and participate in day-to-day development. Successful candidates will have experience with a variety of software development technologies and aren’t afraid to jump in and learn more. This position will report to the head digital officer.
While this position is a management position there is the expectation that you will directly help the team develop new features and maintain the existing stack.
This position will manage a team of 5 software engineering employees dispersed across the US.
At a minimum, you’re a candidate if you can demonstrate:
- 3 or more years of experience managing people, ideally developers.
- 6 or more years of current experience with web software development technologies and tools.
- You are self-motivated to learn new and emerging technologies.
- You are a strong team and individual motivator with a positive attitude who enjoys working with others.
- You have the ability to work both independently and collaboratively on large projects with team members, including stakeholders, product owners, designers and other developers.
- Experience maintaining existing enterprise web applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience optimizing and working with high traffic web sites using caching and scalability technologies.
An ideal candidate will have:
- Experience working with PHP MVC frameworks, namely Symfony.
- Experience working with front end technologies: React.js and ES6+.
- An understanding of best practices and design principles as they pertain to architecting web applications.
- Experience working with consuming and writing GraphQL and REST APIs.
- Experience working with source control, specifically GIT.
- Experience developing within a virtualized environment using docker.
- Experience working with AWS and managing infrastructure as code with services like Terraform, Chef, Puppet or Ansible.
- Experience working with Agile/Scrum methodology and use of project/story tracking software (Shortcut, JIRA, Trello or similar)
You will join an energetic group of colleagues who aspire to the best processes for development that fit our team. Our team members don't take themselves too seriously, but we are serious about working together as digital innovators.
Looking forward to learning more about you.
**I grow my business through referral. If you know someone who would benefit from the way I work then please recommend me, or pass me their contact details and I will be happy to call them.**
Lora Lea Mock
Please invite me to join your Linked In network
Like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/ProfessionalRecruiterInc
Get fresh Remote Software Engineering Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.