Program Manager III
Must have experience handling $100 million-plus Programs, military contract.
Must have Engineering degree and background in Engineering
Must have manufacturing experience.
- Work closely with the Business Development, Engineering, Operations, and Finance departments to coordinate and manage proposal efforts from customer requirements definition through scope development, contract negotiation and award.
- Establishing program plans including the development of Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) for management of scope to ensure alignment with contract requirements, budgets, and internal commitments.
Execution, Monitoring & Controlling:
- Acts as primary customer interface for all program aspects and leads program reviews to discuss technical, cost and schedule activities.
- Deliver and communicates the committed business case and provides senior management with the information necessary to manage the business via internal bid reviews and program reviews.
- Reviews product design and configuration to ensure compliance with product specification, customer requirements, legal requirements, and company standards.
Evaluates and approves design changes, specification and Bill of Materials (BOM) changes, and drawing package release.
- Work with Contracts and Supply Chain organizations to manage programs subcontracts via proper flow-down of requirements.
- Monitors and assesses program performance against plan (schedule and financial), identifies risk, develops and implements corrective action when necessary to initiate program changes. Develops and directs the program team to include resource allocation and management.
- Understands the role and responsibility of each program team member, and through expert communication and leadership skills, establishes a common understanding among team members on scope, schedule, and financial objectives.
- Controls expenditures within the limitations of the project budget and regularly reports on project budget to actual performance via the Estimate to Complete (ETC) process.
- Work within the established program reporting structure, providing a concise and accurate program status as well as necessary financial reports.
Behaviors & Business Growth
- Demonstrates ethical and professional behavior in accordance with company values. Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Continuously identifies program growth opportunities through the capture of funded development and new or adjacent business opportunities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business Administration, or a related field. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience as a Program Manager working on multiple, simultaneous, large programs in a government contracting, product development, or manufacturing environment.
- Proven track record of managing programs with challenging technical, schedule, and cost requirements as well as complex customer and subcontractor relationships.
- Experience in the development and manufacture of Electro-Optical systems and components desired.
- Must have strong understanding of Government contracting requirements such as FAR, ITAR, etc.
- Familiar with DOD/MIL standards and the military equipment acquisition and qualification process.
Skills, Knowledge, and Certifications
- Excellent computer skills with a strong proficiency in Windows interface, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Microsoft Project, and knowledge of Deltek CostPoint or similar MRP/ERP software systems.
- Superb analytical, project management and organizational skills with a keen attention to detail.
- Demonstrated execution of programs using Earned Value.
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills. Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively to promote collaboration among the program team.
- Exceptional leadership and decision-making skills.
- Project Management Institute (PMI) Project/Program Management Professional (PMP) Certification is highly desired.
- Six-sigma belt certification desired.
- Must be willing and able to travel
- Must be able to obtain a security clearance, if required.