Manager Program Management
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Manager Program Management, Tempe, Austin, Charlotte, Boston, Atlanta, Charlotte
The Bank serves many of the most innovative companies in the world. Our clients are forward thinkers. True believers. Optimists. Game-changers. Inspired by them, we're changing the face of banking. We need technology experts with the same can-do attitude as our clients. We're looking for creative thinkers who want to create a truly seamless banking experience on a global scale. When you join the THE BANK team, you help bring our clients’ world-changing ideas to life.
The Program Delivery office at The Bank provides project management, leadership and oversight to the organization's strategic projects. The team works within the PM process framework to establish and execute consistent, repeatable, and efficient project management practices, aligned to the corporate strategy and working within the resource capabilities of the organization.
The PMO Manager supports the Bank by leading a team of project managers and Budget Coordinators to deliver on-time, on-budget implementation of projects that are a part of the enterprise's strategic project portfolio. The PMO Manager is also responsible for resource management, employee engagement, employee coaching and development, mentoring project and program managers, interfacing across other departments and business units, including IT, and across the Bank. The delivery team works with Portfolio Management teams with regards to project health reporting/integrity of reporting as well as improving processes, methods and tools for project and program managers. This role is also a personal coach for team members and an innovator who constantly seeks continuous improvement and builds high performing teams.
· 10+ year’s previous experience as PMO Manager (leader of a PMO), Program Manager and/or similar management position. Management experience is required.
· Ability to balance independence with the need to keep senior leadership involved and aware
· Successfully work with internal and external teams, vendors and outsourcers in multiple locations
· Good financial analysis and management skills
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interact with all levels, including senior management and executives, within an organization; for example ability to explain complex scenarios with simplicity to aid in understanding for the specific audience.
· Demonstrated organization, presentation and customer service skills.
· Ability to comprehend problems and analyze needs
· Knowledge of program management, project management, and business systems analysis practices
· Demonstrated ability to lead, coach and mentor project managers and others.
· Ability to set priorities under conditions of limited resources and competing demands within the portfolio
· Ability to drive creative, innovative ways to deliver complex projects successfully while identifying potential risks from external factors such as other projects, resources, or external entities
· Past good experience with project and program budget management and understand program financials.
· Expert knowledge of Agile methodology and frameworks like Scrum, Kanban, and sound experience with Jira and Confluence tools
· Working knowledge of banking audit and regulatory practices; ensures that projects under their responsibility are fully compliant with corporate standards
· Lead part of the Budget Coordinators team
· Ensure new budget coordinators are on boarded and trained; as well as have development plans, goals and career paths
· Publish monthly scorecard of program and project budgets.
· Ensure all delivery teams are following up with required regulatory and required artifacts.
· Team up with the Delivery Manager to set priorities, facilitate change within/outside the delivery team and grow the PM Practices
· Hire, train and mentor budget Coordinators and ensure their performance and career goals are reviewed and discussed with them on a regular basis
· Familiar with both Agile and Waterfall methodologies and able to apply them where best suited
· In an Agile environment,
o Should be able to perform the functions of an Agile Scrum Master; run the software development planning and delivery process
o Providing servant leadership and building multiple high-performing Agile teams
o Look for ways to strengthen teams understanding of Agile / Scrum concepts and principles
o Ensure Scrum practices are used and improved within and across teams
o Leads Increment and sprint planning sessions and documents resulting story boards
· In a waterfall/iterative environment
o Lead and manage multiple projects of varying complexity for the Private Bank organization within THE BANK
o Responsible for managing a project from business case formation through to production implementation. This includes scoping, planning, executing, resourcing and monitoring assigned project(s) to keep on schedule and on budget
o Plan and maintain project financial data monthly and well versed on Cost benefit analysis and ROIs
· Provide oversight to projects, step in where necessary
· Coach PMs through the PM process, delivery of projects negotiations, hard conversations, issue management and relationship management activities. Serve as a first point of escalation for project managers.
· Responsible for overall health reporting of projects
· Partner with various leaders to ensure projects are in compliance with established project management processes/approach and controls
· Onboard new PMs, budget Coordinators.
· Act as the first point of escalation for the team
· Responsible to Monitor, Measure, & Report Progress of the team
· Ensure good relationship within the team as well as others outside the team
· Builds and coaches high performing teams;
· Good problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills, with the ability to coach and mentor all roles on a team
· Inspire people to deliver key results, demonstrate the passion for the business
· Adapt current methods and procedures to create possible alternative solutions to moderately complex problems
· Use considerable judgment to determine solution and seeks guidance on complex problems
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to quickly build trust and relationships, manage matrixed teams, bridge communication gaps, resolve conflicts, and influence stakeholders
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to quickly learn new products, lines of business, processes, software, systems, and client needs
- Effective risk management skills and ability to predict and mitigate risks and issues, as well as anticipating and proactively preparing for changes and impacts to clients and THE BANK’s business
- Active listening, persuasiveness to gain buy-in, consensus, and cooperation in the face of conflicting viewpoints, resistance to change, constraints, etc.
- Good at building relationships and navigating through organizations;
- Able to develop and foster collaborative teamwork and facilitate team dynamics
- Assertive: Experience with working teams in adhering to Agile/Scrum concepts and principles and knowing when teams are not ready; must be able to be a voice of reason
- Attitude of empowerment: Must be able to guide team(s) to self-organization
- Attitude of transparency: Must desire to bring disclosure and transparency to both business and IT and build trust amongst partners
- Collaborative: Ability to partner with others to achieve goals at various levels throughout the organization and lead others to do so by example
- Communicative and social: Must be able to communicate well with all levels of the organization from Scrum team members to release train leadership
- Conflict resolution: Must be able to facilitate discussion at the team level and facilitate alternatives or different approaches
- Continual improvement: Must continually be growing ones craft learning new tools and techniques to manage oneself and a team
- Facilitative: Must be able to lead by example and demonstrate value-add principles to scrum team(s)
- Brings a high-energy and passionate outlook to the job and can influence those around her/him
- Able to build a sense of trust and rapport that creates a comfortable & effective workplace
- Communication Proficiency
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Customer Focus
Please send a copy of your resume attached as a word doc or PDF doc to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If I can assist you with any of your recruiting efforts please give me a call – 801/327-9990
**I grow my business through referral. If you know someone who would benefit from the way I work then please recommend me, or pass me their contact details and I will be happy to call them.**
Lora Lea Mock
Please invite me to join your Linked In network
Like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/ProfessionalRecruiterInc
Get fresh Banking Temp jobs daily straight to your inbox!