Inventory Manager, Salt Lake City, UT.
Client, has an immediate opening for an Inventory Manager. This is a new position for client, and a great opportunity for the successful candidate to develop, implement, oversee, analyze and improve client's Raw Material and Finished Goods Inventory Management Systems, Processes and Procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and Implement Systems and Processes which control, improve and ensure inventory accuracy. These inventory systems and processes include:
- Bill of Material (BoM) control and accuracy in configurable product environment
- Material Receiving and Distribution to manufacturing floor
- Cycle Counting, including inventory data analysis and troubleshooting
- Process to analyze and problem solve when inventory is inaccurate
- Develop and implement finished goods (spas) inventory tracking system, including FGI shipping and movement (i.e. Trade Shows, events). Inventory tracking of FGI at multiple client retail locations
- Work with Purchasing and other client teams to develop and implement effective forecasting / purchasing system which balances / optimizes order quantities, price, delivery, etc.
- Develop, implement, and reporting key inventory measures (i.e. inventory value, turns)
- Primary driver to develop and implement processes which effectively reduce and maintain inventory at proper levels
- Lead regular Inventory Quality Improvement Team and projects
- Communicate with Warehouse Supervisor and Purchasing concerning current stock and potential issues with orders
- Proactively work to improve inventory management systems and processes for accuracy and optimization
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Inventory management experience in Manufacturing company required. Experience with configurable (custom built to order) products highly preferred.
- Experience with inventory systems designed for product lines with model years, aftermarket parts, item master with model year date ranges, part obsoleting / substitutions, etc.
- Experience with various MRP, ERP, Visual and other inventory management systems. Also experience with inventory / parts issuing to manufacturing floor (kitting, bin system, Kanban, etc.)
- Experience with multi-warehouse locations of raw material and finished good inventory preferred
- Experience with effective part numbering, naming and description conventions / methods
- Experience sourcing and shipping materials from overseas suppliers
- Ability to effectively communicate & present information to management or suppliers
- Analytical mind with strong math skills
- Solid knowledge of data analysis, inventory management software, and forecasting techniques
- Excellent planning and organization skills
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Knowledge of general computer software such as Microsoft Office.
- APICS certification preferred