Innovative High-Tech Start-up in Weather System Sciences Seeks Content Marketing Manager
The employer is a leader in the private sector weather industry. It is a spin-out of a company with over three decades of experience in applying the latest in observational, modeling and forecasting technology to its clients’ most interesting challenges. It has been nurtured as a startup for three years and has just perfected an extremely marketable set of products. Revenues have already ramped to meaningful levels and we are poised for explosive growth. We are seeking a highly technical Content Marketing Manager with a wide range of skills who has been described as a “roll up the sleeves, get it done” type. This is a great opportunity for rapid and lucrative personal growth for the right candidate.
Vision: What does this opportunity mean for the right candidate?
Are you passionate about both the environment and building a technology business? Imagine yourself on the ground level implementing cutting-edge technology and building a business that will help increase the accuracy and understanding of complex earth systems. With the right marketing leadership, this company has the chance to be a Silicon Valley Superstar. We are one of a few companies at the forefront of an exploding commercial opportunity – where advanced sensor technology and very powerful AI systems are yielding benefits and savings that will be climbing the hundreds of billions of dollars. Our Mission is also very social in nature and lies at the intersection of climate change and public benefit. You must be comfortable in a startup environment where life can be ambiguous and chaotic. The right candidate, with a combination of vision and hard work, could be our eventual CMO.
We have brought a steady stream of innovative value-added products and services to market, filling highly specific needs across many sectors including emergency management, hazardous weather alerting, hurricane measurements, insurance, and financial products, maritime operations, smart weather technology development, wind energy and others. Be a part of the change you want to see in the world, join us in revolutionizing a growing industry!
Content Marketing Manager
This position is an opportunity to be part of an expanding department with ample opportunity to contribute, learn and grow as the company enters an exciting stage of growth. You would be one of the first full-time marketing employees working with the support of multiple outside resources such as Marketing Firms, Sales Support Firms, and many other resources. All this while reporting directly to the CEO. For the right candidate, this role would afford you the opportunity to grow very quickly into a CMO role.
Candidates should have the ability to create forms of marketing content that deliver the compelling case for our technology and products via multiple channels. Candidates should be comfortable writing the marketing proposition for products and technology in the language of the customer, interfacing and sourcing input from engineering, product teams, business development, sales, and sales channels. This position is ideal for a highly creative self-starter who thinks outside the box and loves technical marketing endeavors.
You would use various sales and marketing-related technologies and tools, including project management, email marketing, and social media tools used to disseminate content. In addition, the Content Marketing Manager will be responsible for writing marketing and sales tools, website, social, and PR content, as well as managing the execution of trade shows & events, and the overall marketing calendar.
· Collaborate with cross-functional groups and outside resources from sales support, business development and product teams to produce effective external marketing and sales materials
· Implement marketing campaigns across all channels including websites, paid media, social media, partner sites, trade shows, email marketing and digital campaigns.
· Manage social platforms including content generation, ad purchase and execution
· Support activities to enhance the website, including content generation and attention to user experience.
· Coordinate and manage resource vendors and agency partners as needed
· Obtain necessary consent and provide final approval on all marketing collateral, products and promotions
· Support channel and partnership-related marketing activities.
· Pitch in on all aspects of the marketing including creative execution, copywriting, content creation, and beyond
Experience & Skills
· At least 5 years of experience executing marketing campaigns across multiple channels both traditional and digital at an agency or technology company
· Outstanding composition ability
· Solid experience with and knowledge of Facebook, Amazon and Instagram advertising
· Proven ability to clearly convey concepts to agency partners, PR/Marketing firms and stakeholders
· Ability to build relationships with peers among product teams and sales with strong cross-functional coordination and team skills
· Strong analytical and communication skills
· Hands-on skills sourcing and writing marketing content for technical products with the ability to write multiple forms of high-quality customer-ready marketing materials
· Knowhow to tackle complex issues in creative ways and use originality and expertise to devise and create effective and lasting solutions.
· Experience and comfort with CM systems, CRM and marketing automation tools
· Experience working in a dynamic, fast-paced entrepreneurial startup environment a plus.
· Experience and/or interest in weather, climate, or relevant systems a plus
· BS Degree in Communications, Marketing, or related business field, MBA a plus
· Experience with both hardware and software products is a plus.