- Posted: over a month ago
- $90,000 to $125,000 Yearly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
The Assistant Controller position has the responsibility to help the Controller manage and oversee the accounting function of the company.
- Hire, train, and manage all Accounting functions including A/P Clerks, A/R Clerks, Financial Analysts, Accounting Clerks.
- Review transactions, reconciliations, and manage the monthly close of each accounting period.
- Develop and analyze reporting for business operations and budgets
- Perform review audits, ensuring adherence to standard requirements
- Create new processes to improve financial efficiency
- Report analysis and findings to management team
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Detail and deadline-oriented
- Strong time management skills
- Good leadership qualities including verbal and written communication
- Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively with the rest of the team
- Desire to be constantly learning about the job as well as keeping skills up to date
- Ability to take constructive criticism well
The Assistant Controller supervises the A/R and A/P leads and directly manages various accounting and reporting functions.
The typical work environment is in an office setting.
Required education and experience
- Bachelors degree in Accounting
- At least 3-5 years of applicable accounting experience
- At least 2 years of management experience
- In-depth knowledge of US GAAP
- Experience with software-based ERP accounting systems
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Excel: Pivot tables, data management, formulas, etc.
Preferred education and experience
- CPA License or CPA candidate
- 1-2 years of public accounting experience
- Experience with NetSuite ERP system
- Balance sheet maintenance: reconciliations, supporting schedules, problem solving
- Experience managing personnel including conflict resolution and team projects
Professional RecruitersWhy Work Here?
Work for the undisputed leader in the FINTEC space.
This is undisputed leader in the FINTEC space. They are the fastest growing bank in US history.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Professional Recruiters