Warehouse Evening Supervisor (2nd shift)
Professional Plumbing Group Glen Mills, PA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are seeking a results-driven Warehouse Supervisor – 2nd shift to organize and oversee the daily fulfillment operations of our Glen Mills, PA distribution center. This role will be a second shift role primarily working 2:00pm – 10:30 pm
POSITION SUMMARY DESCRIPTION
The Warehouse Supervisor oversees all receiving, picking, packing, and shipping of materials or goods, and inventory activities. This includes filling orders timely and accurately, managing freight container receiving, pick location replenishment, and cycle count/inventory accuracy performance. The warehouse supervisor will hire, train, coach, and mentor new employees, assign work, evaluate individual performance, develop shift patterns to best serve demand and resolve quality and accuracy issues.
- On-time Shipping Metrics and Order Fill-Rates
- Lines picked per hour, Lines picked per associate
- Inventory Accuracy
- Inventory Slotting and Warehouse Efficiency Goals
- 95%+ Cycle Count Performance
- 24 hr. Dock to Stock Receiving
- Pick Bin 5S
- Individual workforce performance goals
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Apply supervisory responsibilities, company policies, procedures to the incoming receiving team as well as the fulfillment team on 2nd shift.
- Drive order fulfillment activities.
- Maintain inventory accuracy by developing process controls and assuring bin replenishment.
- Coordinates with Quality and Purchasing organization on all quality issues to identify issues with inventory variances during the order fulfillment and/or receiving process.
- Manage with 3rd party logistics inbound material schedules as well as inventory movement between Glen Mills, PA and other PPG warehouses.
- Promote and enforce safety policies and procedures related to safely operating material handling equipment.
- Maintain equipment and assure working properly in a safe, effective manner.
- Provides appropriate equipment and racking to ensure the safe transport and storage of all materials.
- Ensures picking/packing activities are completed to support shipment date commitments.
- Ensures materials are stored properly to conserve space and comply with safety procedures.
- Oversees the rotation of inventories within the warehouse using FIFO.
- Develop, Maintain, and perform training on SOP procedures for job duties and responsibilities
- Develop & Utilize reporting tools to provide analytics to management regarding the performance of the cycle count program
- Continuously evaluate warehouse layout to ensure the most efficient work flow, storage capacity, equipment and workforce utilization possible
- Adhere and administer to associates established company policies and management commitments
- Rotational Saturday coverage is a requirement
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Working knowledge of warehouse systems, processes, and procedures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to communicate with associates/management
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the supply chain and/or warehouse distribution field such as, 5S, LEAN, Six Sigma, Visual Management
- Has experience operating and /or supervising warehouse powered industrial forklift equipment operators
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics A/X preferred, but experience in WMS applications required.
LOOKING FOR A CHALLENGING CAREER WITH GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES? JOIN OUR TEAM!
Our vision is simple yet challenging - Perfectly Equip Every Progressive Plumbing Professional. We are disrupting an industry with our exceptional customer-centric sales team and renowned company culture!
Professional Plumbing Group
AddressGlen Mills, PA
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Professional Plumbing Group