Professional Interpreters Inc Salem, OR
- Expired: 24 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are Professional Interpreters (see what we did there), on a quest to raise the bar of professionalism in the interpreting field and provide language assistance in a setting that calls for compassion and justice, at an affordable price.
About the Position
Professional interpreters provide an invaluable service to their community members. The Onsite Interpreter is responsible for traveling to client sites by appointment, and renders the meaning of conversations in the consecutive/simultaneous mode of interpretation between the target language and English speakers. The interpreter uses appropriate terminology and understands common industry procedures and practices. Interpreting assignments may be in the following fields: healthcare, government services and education.
- Education and Experience: High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Must demonstrate fluency in English and a 2nd language
- Must have a reliable method of transportation
- Awareness of the Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice
- Must be punctual, flexible and responsible handling assignments.
- Professional certification and training
- Previous exposure to simultaneous Interpretation
- Previous exposure to consecutive Interpretation
- Competitive hourly rates
- Flexibility: Choose which appointments to accept
Pay: $18 to $25 depending on credential an experience
Professional Interpreters IncWhy Work Here?
WE LOVE WHAT WE DO!
4175 SILVERTON RD NESalem, OR
HealthcareView all jobs at Professional Interpreters Inc