LPN - Licensed Practical Nurse
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off
Join Our Cause!
At Professional Healthcare Staffing (PHS), we are committed to improving the lives of our clients and team members. We are family owned and operated with more than half a century of experience leading teams dedicated to safeguarding the welfare of others. We are looking for new team members who are as passionate as we are about helping others while also striving toward their own professional development goals. Caregivers are the heartbeat of PHS and our community! Because of people like you, our senior community members are able to receive care in the comfort of their own home extending the quality of their life!
Licensed Practical Nurse
Our LPN position supports patient care and by assisting with physical exams, point of care testing, treatments and data gathering. This role works at the direction of the Director of Nursing while being present with patients in their homes. Strong organizational and customer service skills are keys to success as an LPN. On-the-job training will be provided for this exciting opportunity to assist in the delivery of hospital-level healthcare in the comfort of a patient’s home.
What You'll Do
- Drive to meet patients at their place of need and load and unload supplies for daily activities
- Don and doff PPE appropriately and maintain strict infection prevention strategies
- Communicate with Director of Nursing and administrative staff via in-app messaging
- Monitor BiPAP machine during scheduled shift per MD order (only at night)
- Refill oxygen concentrator
- Clean / sterilize BiPAP mask
- Report / document any issues with BiPAP machine
- Maintain suprapubic catheter
- Change catheter
- Wound care as needed
- Bowel program
- Administer medication
- Document and count control substance scheduled pills one time per week
- Report / document any recreational drug usage
- Report / document any refusal of care
What You Need
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) Nevada state license in good standing
- Minimum one (1) year patient facing experience
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record
- BLS, American Heart Association
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Ability to lift and carry equipment up to 50 pounds
- Ability to walk up and down several flights of stairs easily while carrying equipment
- Strong customer service, communication, and technological skills
- Previous experience of comprehensive history gathering and documentation within EMR
- Previous experience with basic procedural skills
- Cultural competency - ability to interact with patients and families and develop rapport and trust, ability to communicate and provide verbal professional clinical presentations/summaries
- Function autonomously and as part of a team to responsibility deliver care with flexibility and open-mindedness
- Continuous learner with strong critical thinking skills
- Ability to work a varied schedule with evenings, holidays and weekends required
It is understood that not all responsibilities are listed in this offer and your immediate supervisor may add responsibilities based on fieldwork demand, compliance modifications, staff needs, etc.
Who You Are
- An honest, reliable, and compassionate caregiver
- Highly motivated and a disciplined self-starter
- A confident, curious, problem solver that can adapt to change
- An excellent communicator and listener
Why Should You Apply?
Professional Healthcare Staffing (PHS) cares deeply and invests in our team members. In addition to competitive compensation, we offer medical, dental, and vision Insurance as well as Paid Time Off
- Competitive pay rates
- Flexible start dates and scheduling options (all shifts available)
- Exceptional learning opportunities for personal and professional growth; curriculum led by registered nurses with over 50 years of joint healthcare experience
We value diversity on our team and firmly believe Professional Healthcare Staffing is stronger when we hire people who make their own unique contributions to our culture. We welcome all applicants and encourage candidates from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
Professional Healthcare StaffingLas Vegas, NV
Get fresh LPN - Licensed Practical Nurse jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.