Professional Healthcare Resources
PHR is a leader in Home Health, Hospice and Personal Care services.
We are currently seeking passionate and enthusiastic Home Health Aides to join our team on the WEEKENDS in the
Summary and Responsibilities:
A care-giving professional providing quality home-based personal care and other related services in accordance with
established agency policies and procedures; functions under the supervision, direction, and instruction of a Registered
Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse, and in accordance with an approved Plan of Care; complies with federal, state, and
local guidelines for all services.
1. Assists patients with:
a) Bed transfers: into and out of, including use of mechanical lifting equipment as applicable and necessary
b) Personal hygiene: shower, tub or bed baths, oral, skin, and hair care
c) Walking, including use of walkers and wheelchairs as applicable and necessary
d) Meal preparation and feeding as required and necessary
e) Light laundry and housekeeping
f) Toileting needs, including bed pan
g) Medication: self-administration
h) Prescribed rehabilitative/maintenance exercises
2. Executes assigned tasks, including:
a) Performs simple urine tests for sugar, acetone, or albumen; records results
b) Measures fluid intake and output; records results
c) Takes blood pressure, pulse, and respiration; records results
d) Observes and records changes in patient’s physical condition, behavior, or appearance; reports to supervising
3. Documents all services in accordance with agency and governmental policies and procedures
- Current District of Columbia Home Health Aide Certification
- Current CPR
- Current First Aide Certification
- NPI- National Provider Index number
- Original Certificate and skilled checklist of the school where training was received
- ï‚· Consistent delivery of quality customer service
- ï‚· Demonstrates skill in diplomacy and conflict resolution
- ï‚· Mature interpersonal skills: communicates effectively with diverse groups
- ï‚· Recognition of and commitment to maintaining confidentiality
- ï‚· Proven ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands
- ï‚· Discipline to adhere to established timelines
- ï‚· Demonstrates flexibility in order to maximize the number of hours worked
- Ability to communicate clearly and easily in English
- Ability to write reports and/or fill out required forms (timesheets, care records, etc.)
- Hispanic speaking highly desirable but not required
Work Site: The common work site will be the client’s home. Each home varies according to the diverse client population. Living space ranges from small confined rooms to larger rooms on different levels. Living space may include a detached house, apartment, mobile home, or other variations. Work time will be inside the client’s home but the employee may be required to go outside the home with or without the client to complete tasks. Extensive travel within the agency’s service area. Personal vehicle may be required to go to and from the client residence.
Bending: Frequent bending is required to care for clients in their bed or chair in the home (i.e. tying shoes, foot care, personal care, and homemaking).
Lifting: Frequent lifting of clients is required in transferring from bed to chair, position changes. Lifting of equipment and other objects may be used in the course of duties. *Approximate pounds of lifting will range according to size of client. Object size and weight varies, but employee cannot lift furniture.
Standing: Up to 90% of work time may be spent standing on surfaces that can range from hardwood floors or carpeting to concrete floors. Stationary standing is required for periods sufficient to provide personal care. ï‚· Walking: For entry to and from and mobility through client residences, extensive walking will be required on the same surfaces as those listed above. Walking with clients for client exercise programs or to accompany to appointments may also be required.
We are an equal opportunities employer and consider all applicants without regard to gender, marital status, race, religion, age, sexual orientation, citizenship status, veteran’s status or disability