Mechanical Engineer Team Lead
Professional Engineering Consultants Tulsa, OK
- Posted: over a month ago
PEC’s Power and Process Division is growing fast and looking for experienced qualified candidates to assist in providing our high standard of customer service to existing clients and assist in fostering new relationships in this market sector. PEC offers a flexible work environment, great team atmosphere and an excellent benefits package.
The Power and Process Division focus is the production and distribution of power for private, municipal and utility facilities; and process focused heavy industrial, chemical, midstream / downstream oil & gas facilities. The Mechanical Engineering Team Lead, along with input from the Practice Lead and Division Manager, has primary responsibilities for their team’s operations, including risk and financial management, customer service and client management.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Chemical or an Engineering degree with Mechanical/Chemical Process focus.
- 10-15 years of related work experience and leadership in the Chemical Process and Oil and Gas industry.
- Have experience of process systems, calculations, specifications, equipment, PID's, materials selection and development of project deliverables within the discipline. Knowledge of engineering work planning and control methods.
- Have experience in project execution, project cost estimates detailed design and project execution support. Have a clear understanding of the steps of project development and level of detail required in each step of project development.
- Proficient user of MS Office software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Great leadership qualities and team oriented.
- A good working knowledge of front-end-engineering-design (FEED) delivery systems.
- Skilled in review of P&IDs, PFDs, vender documents (like general arrangement [GA], equipment drawings, instruments & valves)
- Customer-focused with a strong work ethic and safety awareness.
- Pro-active and willing to take initiative.
- Ability to successfully mentor staff.
- Responsive and sensitive to project, client and personnel needs.
- Effectively manages multiple and conflicting priorities.
- Organizational skills and ability to set priorities.
- Ability to maintain regular attendance as per work schedule agreed with direct manager.
- Occasional travel to field / project sites / other offices may be required.
- Monitor project financial information, review and approve billings, provide support for accounts receivable efforts.
- Coordinate project schedules and needs with team leads and project managers.
- Work with managers, practice leads, project managers to develop strategies, business development and client management’s efforts.
- Support and assist in the development of a division business plan.
- Determine division objectives and requirements, organize projects and develop standards and guidelines.
- Advance and develop division tools and workflows to increase efficiency of designs, specification development, and project execution.
- Provide administrative, supervisory and technical direction for teams.
- Monitor progress on projects and provide input into areas of concern and direction or redirection to enhance achievement of project schedules, productivity goals, budgets, and quality
- Assign work and review team staff performance to ensure quality and efficient cost-effective utilization of staff. Monitor and maintain development staffing levels, staffing loading, and staffing assignments to meet project requirements while maintaining goals.
- Supervise workflow development and preparation and maintenance of tools and standards for execution of technical development on projects.
- Provide administrative, supervisory and technical direction for Cooperative Education Students and Summer Interns assigned to the Power and Process Division including assignment of work, coordinating site trips, and other associated functions.
- Work with managers, practice leads, project managers to attract, find and secure talent to develop and strengthen offered services.
- Assist in the development of project proposals.
- Other duties as assigned.