Experienced Structural Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
Are you looking for a career path that provides an opportunity for you to reach your full potential? Do you enjoy being part of a team? PEC's team culture is built on our ability to solve problems through a collaborative process. We elevate each other by aligning personal strengths to professional development. Our engineers and staff do not just sit behind desks. We work together with other teams, make site visits, take tours, meet face-to-face with stakeholders, establish big goals, and set out to achieve them.
PEC is active in the following market sectors:
Educational, Commercial, Industrial, Health Care, Government, Manufacturing, Retirement Communities, and Federal/Military.
Structural Engineers at PEC must be technically competent in the following areas:
- Steel, Concrete, and CMU design
- Gravity and Lateral Systems, Load Paths
- Equipment Foundation Design is preferred
- Building Codes including IBC, AISC, ACI and ASCE, etc.
- Calculation software such as RISA, RAM, etc.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend Client meetings.
- Mentor design and drafting staff.
- Full project execution including:
- Provide initial schematic or concept planning.
- Coordinate staffing needs for projects.
- Lead projects to completion of construction documents, including specifications.
- Coordination with staff for production deadlines and quality assurance.
- Seal projects, as required.
- Perform construction administration for projects.
- Prepare reports and present to Clients.
Qualifications and Skills:
- B.S. Degree in Civil Engineering or Architectural Engineering from an accredited college.
- Minimum8 years of experience in structural design.
- PE and/or SE license in Oklahoma or able to obtain through reciprocity.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for Client communication.
- Ability to organize and handle multiple project assignments.
- Moderate level of comfort with business development activities.
- High level of comfort with servicing Client needs.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Professional Engineering Consultants
ConstructionView all jobs at Professional Engineering Consultants