The Personal Service Counselor (PSC), or Data Entry Specialist, is responsible for assisting members in all assigned phases of savings and lending functions. The PSC has responsibility for projecting a friendly and professional credit union attitude while aiding all members and potential members in their financial needs. Using an enthusiastic approach, the PSC introduces and cross-sells services and products to new and current members.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Researches, troubleshoots and resolves customer and internal inquiries regarding policies, practices and products. Answers all member inquiries regarding products and services, guides member in their decision making process and determines when to effectively refer members to other departments/3rd party vendors when appropriate for in-depth financial needs.
- Demonstrates efficiency with financial transactions for checking, savings and borrowing customers: receives funds, posts transactions and pays out funds as requested. Verbally confirms intended transactions with customer to assure needs are met and minimize redoing.
- Responsible for opening and maintaining all member related accounts, member deposits, and service-related accounts including Individual Retirement Accounts (IRA). Educates members by demonstrating a high level of knowledge and understanding regarding features and benefits of Credit Union products and services.
- Receives loan payments and savings deposits from customer, addresses inquiries on accounts, records amount and dates of payments and other significant information, checks customer calculations and validates checks and/or counts cash payments. Assists members in completion of consumer loans, mortgages, and home equity loans including processing, closing, and disbursing. Responsible for underwriting, receiving approval, and documenting loans as well as maintaining a follow up on loan performance in order to assure proper regulatory compliance.
- Performs title work, insurance updates, lien perfections and garnishments as necessary for the branch.
- Assists other departments and branches with transactions as needed, provide support for the department and branch managers in fulfilling customer requests and merchant verifications. Assists with Notary and Service Support/Safe Deposit services if applicable.
- As required performs duties of a Service Representative, including, but not limited to disbursement of cash, selling and reconciling of money orders, processing mail transactions, daily balancing of cash drawer, assisting in verification of currency, ATM and ITM.
- Demonstrates and applies understanding of all applicable laws and regulations. Proactively protects the Credit Union from fraud/loss.
- Must comply with applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act, and the Office of Foreign Assets Control.
- Completes all other tasks, assignments or functions as assigned and/or required.
- Promotes a positive relationship between members (internal and external) and the Credit Union and understands that service delivery to members is the number one priority of the Credit Union.
Knowledge & Skills
- A minimum of one year up to three years of similar or related experience
- A high school degree or equivalent
Professional Employment Group does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veterans status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our firm, please contact us at 1-314-275-2000. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local law
That translates into a winning solution for our customers and our job seekers. And it saves time, money and stress for everyone. Whether for temporary or permanent positions, Professional Employment Group is committed to providing our customers and our candidates with total satisfaction.
Our relentless pursuit of the ideal candidate for each role sets the gold standard for our industry.
Professional Employment GroupAt Professional Employment Group (PEG) we specialize in matching the ideal person with each job. That translates into a winning solution for our customers and our job seekers. And it saves time, money and stress for everyone. Whether for temporary or permanent positions, Professional Employment Group is committed to providing our customers and our candidates with total satisfaction. Our relentless pursuit of the ideal candidate for each role sets the gold standard for our industry.