Exceptional employee owned Engineering company seeking Mechanical Facilities Engineer with Active Security Clearance to work with Large government facilities and projects. Endless growth opportunity and fantastic benefits!
The Mechanical Facilities Engineer will design HVAC and Plumbing/Piping systems for a variety of facility projects. Work typically includes support of project proposals; design calculations; developing process flow diagrams, P&ID, and sequences of operations; selection and layout of mechanical equipment and associated duct and piping systems; and developing mechanical construction and equipment specifications, test and inspection plans, and system design descriptions.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Will provide HVAC and Plumbing design for High Performance Facilities
- Responsible for planning, conducting and coordinating detailed phases of design work.
- Independently evaluates, selects and applies standard techniques, procedures and criteria to perform a task or sequence of tasks for conventional projects with few complex features.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. S.) in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited program.
- Minimum twelve (7) years of experience.
- PE License required or ability to get one within 12 months
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to obtain a Department of Energy security clearance.
- Experience in HVAC and plumbing/piping systems design and associated engineering calculations.
- Experience sizing and selecting HVAC and plumbing/piping equipment.
- Proficient in editing and writing mechanical construction and equipment specifications.
- Experience performing engineering quality assurance checks of project designs.
- Experience using HVAC computer load and design programs such as Trane Trace software.
- Working knowledge of ASHRAE standards.
- Working knowledge of IMC, IPC, and ASME B31 codes.
- Familiar with SMACNA standards.
- Familiar with NFPA standards.
- Familiar with AutoCAD and Revit building information modeling software.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Stock ownership potential
- Vacation, sick and holiday pay
- Educational opportunities including seminars, conferences, lunch and learns
- Wellness program
Professional Employment Group of Colorado
Why Work Here?Professional Employment Group of Colorado is a Denver-based specialized staffing firm comprised of honest, passionate, and well-networked recruiters. We believe that "Great Companies are Built by Great People" and with decades of combined recruiting experience we maintain a tradition of building and sustaining valuable relationships with select employers and candidates. Our people-focused methodology, combined with extensive industry expertise, produces extraordinary success for our clients and candidates alike.
Advancement Opportunities, Great Benefits, and a Wonderful Work Environment