We are an employee-owned engineering, architecture, surveying, and geospatial firm, headquartered in Denver, Colorado. We thrive on collaboration. We work with clients in a true partnership to find the right solution to turn ideas into successes. You’ll work with a team that you know and trust. In fact, more than 80% of our new work is repeat business.
We’re a family. We own our company, and we own our work. Every day, we work with our colleagues and our clients to find the right solutions to every challenge. Not just the most innovative or cost-effective. But the right solution. We do this to make our world a better place. We are seeking a Mechanical Engineer with an industrial background doing HVAC design for one of our branches in New Mexico.
The Nuclear Services & Technology team provides full service nuclear design solutions to the federal government (DOE, NNSA and NIST), nuclear research, nuclear medicine, and the commercial nuclear power industries. Seeking a highly motivated, team oriented Mechanical Engineer to support our operations in our growing Los Alamos, NM office.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for Mechanical HVAC and Facility Plumbing/Piping system design, be able and willing to perform CAD as well as engineering, be nimble in accepting a wide range of assignments, both nuclear and non-nuclear, and enjoy a team design environment.
Periodic travel to other offices or project site locations may be required.
Relocation assistance available!
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports development of project proposals. Develops scopes and budget estimates for mechanical discipline work. Assists in development of project schedules.
- Responsible for planning, conducting and coordinating detailed phases of design work.
- Independently evaluates, selects and applies standard techniques, procedures and criteria to perform a task or sequence of tasks for conventional projects with few complex features.
- Collaboratively uses judgment to determine adaptations in methods for non-routine aspects of assignments.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Mechanical Engineering from an A.B.E.T. accredited program.
- Minimum eight (8) years of experience in Mechanical Facilities HVAC and plumbing/piping systems.
- Previous experience with nuclear facility design and engineering, primarily gloveboxes is strongly preferred.
- Previous experience with DOE or NNSA projects is a plus.
- P.E. (Professional Engineer) license is strongly preferred.
- Client projects for this position require U.S. Citizenship.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience in HVAC and plumbing/piping systems design and associated engineering calculations (e.g. Air-handling systems, laboratory fume hood exhaust air systems, duct systems, heating and chilled water hydronic piping systems, natural gas piping systems, domestic water and waste water piping systems, steam and condensate piping systems, compressed air systems, and mechanical system controls).
- Experience sizing and selecting HVAC and plumbing/piping equipment (e.g. air-handling units, fans/blowers, pumps, cooling towers, chillers, boilers, coils, HEPA filtration systems, dampers, valves, and controls).
- Proficient in editing and writing mechanical construction and equipment specifications.
- Experience using HVAC computer load and design programs such as Trane Trace software.
Please apply to this job posting with your resume and call Brad at 7204094982.