Project Manager - Service Department
Summary: Plan, coordinate, and supervise company projects with ultimate responsibility for the successful completion and accuracy of the task. Provide technical and administrative direction, counsel and assistance to Assistant Project Managers. Ensure profitability and that corporate objectives are met. Implement and train on Project Manager Standard Operating Procedures.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for overseeing the day-to-day management of the Service Departments small projects using PEC established systems and procedures.
- Prepare for and lead project transition meetings making the transition from the estimating department, ensuring a clear understanding of agreed upon scope of work.
- Prepare budgets for approval.
- Prepare quantity take offs for all major packages to be purchased.
- Prepare schedule of values.
- Provide technical support and direction to other departments in the company as needed.
- Oversee projects being run independently by Assistant Project Managers.
- Responsible for training of Assistant Project Managers.
- Review contracts, negotiate and prepare applicable addendums.
- Oversee the preparation and authorization of all major purchase orders entered by Assistant Project Managers.
- Oversee the preparation and maintenance of standard project filing system for each project.
- Prepare monthly budget updates for financials.
- Monitor all legal aspects of the project including, bonding, insurance, claims, and lien rights.
- Responsible for ensuring performance goals are being met.
- With the project foreman, investigate all possible areas to value engineer and layout projects to maximize the potential bottom-line profit of each project.
- Attend weekly construction meetings as needed.
- Ensure corporate safety policies are being adhered to.
- Ensure corporate standards, policies, and procedures are being met.
- Monitor all aspects of progress, as well as hold interim and closeout meetings at the appropriate stages of each project to identify all fluctuations from initial budget.
- Prepare monthly project requisitions to ensure project cash flow.
- Provide the leadership to maintain the highest possible morale among the field associates possible.
- Prepare manpower activity schedule and maintain manpower backlog for projects with input from the foreman and project superintendent.
- Review and prepare schedule milestone dates associated with the overall project schedule and coordinate construction progress and delays with the general contractor and other trades.
- Monitor actual construction progress against the project schedule.
- Attend field coordination meeting on a selective basis to review progress and resolve problems, review minutes from these meetings omissions and inaccuracies, and prepare amendments to minutes as needed.
- Ensure that a current job description is available for each one of your subordinates.
- Ensure that individualized orientation and training plans are in place for each new associate and that plan execution is monitored through completion.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications, & Experience
2-3 Years of Project Management Experience, strong Preference For Electrical Project Management Experience combined with a similar level of estimating experience.
Prior experience managing single to multi-million dollar commercial projects.
Educational and experience requirement include: Four (4) years engineering or business degree or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or related experience.
Advanced management or technical training preferred. Excellent organizational, supervisory and decision making/problem solving skills essential.
Professional Electrical Contractors of CT, Inc.Canton, MA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.