Professional Credit Eugene, OR
- Posted: 15 days ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, medical, vision
At Professional Credit (‘Professional’), the Northwest's leading Collection and Recovery Agency, we take pride in providing a committed team environment in an ethical business setting with opportunities for growth. If you are a dynamic, results-oriented professional, we encourage you to consider building your future with us.
The Legal Department of Professional is responsible for the processing of all legal actions for our collection agency. The LEGAL SUPERVISOR will oversee the performance and development of the legal staff involved in full cycle legal management. The Supervisor oversees the preparation of all legal pleadings from the original filing of lawsuits through completion of judgment and garnishment with the guidance of our attorneys.
COVID-19 Considerations/Work Environment
The position is full-time, 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday and onsite in a COVID safe environment that meets Oregon’s OSHA and OHA COVID-19 rules and is ideal for those that are at least 2 weeks past their final vaccination.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in reviewing pleadings, motions, documentation and exhibits
- Oversee staff responsible for the preparation of lawsuits, judgments and all other court pleadings
- Recommend process/policy change to ensure efficiency and compliance with all regulations and assist in the documentation and training of those changes
- Prepare production reports weekly
- Perform audits on resource and staff utilization
- Liaise between Collections Department, Client Services Department and external organizations to include:
- Courts and administrative agencies
- Service companies and sheriff offices
- Forwarding attorneys
- Insurance carriers
- Trouble shoot and execute process improvements for legal functions
- Communicate with and manage caseload of several out-of-state attorneys, including management of judgments obtained by original creditor and assigned judgments for enforcement
- Supervise and coach the staff to ensure they are effective in all aspects of their responsibilities including adherence to the policies, procedures, and work instructions
- Project and cultivate an ownership attitude for the development and execution strategies related to compliance of various state and federal laws and requirements
- Contribute to making the Mission and Vision of our organization a reality within the framework of our corporate values
- Ensure employees are succeeding through coaching, development and communication of required skills; accomplish team goals by developing high-performing team members
- Ensure compliance with all policies, procedures and FDCPA regulations
- Train employees on policies, procedures and work instructions updates and changes
- Assist with recruiting and hiring efforts for legal department
- Conduct on-going training as needed
- Audit legal clerk and automated work products within our legal management systems
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, preferred
- At least two years of experience in comparable legal/administrative experience
- Proficient in MS Office, including Word, Excel, Adobe and PowerPoint
- Paralegal and/or legal experience preferred
- Accredited Legal Professional Certificate (NALS) a plus
- Able to embrace technology and automation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with time-sensitive deadlines
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and maintain attention to detail at all times
- Work responsibly both independently and with team members
- Professional, friendly, self-motivated and dependable
- Proven ability to manage people in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
In addition to offering challenging and rewarding opportunities, Professional offers a competitive compensation structure, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, free gym membership, 401k and Roth Plan, Paid Time-Off and Holidays, Volunteer and Community Outreach Programs, Wellness Initiatives, and a smart casual environment. We are conveniently located on the EMX line.
Hear what it's like to work at Professional Credit Service by visiting our website at: http://www.professionalcredit.com/index.php/careers
Apply today to get your career started by sending your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit us at www.professionalcredit.com/careers
To provide our clients with the greatest monetary recovery available, while maintaining a complete commitment to protecting their image in the eyes of their customers and the public, and assisting them in achieving their mission.
To be an integral part of our clients team - bring value to their organization where they could not imagine fulfilling their vision without us. Our clients trust us to be fair, honest, and diligent as we lead our markets in client service, integrity value, and customer service.
Professional CreditWhy Work Here?
Our goal is to help people resolve financial challenges easily using state-of-the-art technology to communicate with Consumers.
Professional Credit, headquartered in Lane County, has been in business for over 80 years and conforms to the highest ethical standards in the collection industry. We are an industry leader in its customer-service approach to collections and the value it puts on each and every individual. The collection industry is regulated by both state and federal laws, and Professional Credit provides essential training to ensure that consumers are treated with respect and employees work within the law to provide the most effective return possible for our clients. The work is both interesting and challenging. Mission To provide our clients with the greatest monetary recovery available, while maintaining a complete commitment to protecting their image in the eyes of their customers and the public, and assisting them in achieving their mission. Vision To be an integral part of our clients team - bring value to their organization where they could not imagine fulfilling their vision without us. Our clients trust us to be fair, honest, and diligent as we lead our markets in client service, integrity value, and customer service.
400 International WayEugene, OR