Senior Apartment Maintenance Manager
North Miami with 588 units
Perform maintenance, monitoring repairs to the Mechanical, Pluming, Structural, Fire, Life Safety, and Control systems for the Property, to ensure all building systems are up to applicable standards as assigned.
• Maintains responsibility for property services, preventative maintenance, purchasing and inventory control, contracted maintenance, general maintenance and technical proficiency.
• Maintenance of the equipment will include cleaning, inspecting, calibrating and changing parts to maintain the HVAC systems and associated equipment at optimum performance levels.
• Maintain relationships with the property’s maintenance staff to update work orders for tenant and preventive maintenance.
• Administer all necessary services to maintain and enhance the value, operating efficiency, and the physical appearance of the property.
• Assure all equipment is operated and maintained within the manufacturer’s specifications and the operating guidelines of the property.
• Understand preventive maintenance and overhaul schedules for all equipment and mechanical systems within the project.
• Understand OSHA guidelines and how to ensure that all equipment is maintained to guidelines/standards.
• Performs regular site inspections. • Supervises technicians in the maintenance, and repair of facilities.
• Calls in outside contractors when needed and oversees and inspects contract work.
• Plans, schedules, selects or approves, and requisitions necessary equipment and related supplies.
• Respond appropriately to and assist emergency response personnel, at any time when on duty or on call.
• Test, maintain, and restore to working order any component of the main engineering systems used within the property.
• Ensure compliance with the emergency procedures for each property in conjunction with local jurisdiction and property management guidelines.
• Build and maintain effective communications and relationships with the Property Manager, staff, tenants, and vendors.
• Monitor and adjust all mechanical/pneumatic equipment, control gauges, distributor panels, valves, thermostats, diffusers and other equipment necessary to provide a comfortable environment for the buildings.
• Perform preventive maintenance duties, including changing filters, oiling motors, replacing light fixtures, inspecting/adjusting belts, replacing bearings, aligning shafts and annual inspections as directed by manufacturers.
• Take initiative on problems and special needs of the property or tenants.
• Must be able to handle multiple projects, changing priorities and a continually heavy workload.
• Document and report activities.
• Respond immediately to emergency situations and customer concerns.
• Other duties may be assigned.