Controls Engineer - Automation & Robotics
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Controls Engineer - Automation & Robotics
Productivity, a top CNC machine tool metalworking distributor in the Midwest, along with MMT Productivity, serves the Rocky Mountain region. We offer a large selection of CNC machine tools, and we also specialize in the integration of automation for the general machining industry and precision machining operations using FANUC robots.
We are looking for an experienced and talented Automation Engineer to help our team develop safe and effective integrations of FANUC robot with CNC equipment to perform load (raw materials) & unload (finished parts) tasks. Engineering efforts may include software, electrical, and mechanical safety.
- $85,000 - $92,000/year starting salary - annual performance & salary reviews
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance – Day 1 of Employment
- 401k with Match
- Generous Paid Time Off – Holidays, Personal & Vacation
Controls Engineer Responsibilities
- Automation Projects - Review and interpret customer specifications and sales agreements and based on customer requirements, program, complete & prove-out automation projects including electrical, software & mechanical engineering.
- Design electrical control systems meeting engineering standards, applicable codes, customer specifications, and within cost and time constraints. Utilize software to model various electrical components, enclosures, panel layouts, and wiring schematics as needed for new designs and re-designs.
- Design cell layouts, system components and maintain files.
- Create, test, and troubleshoot programs for PLCs.
- Analyze existing development or manufacturing procedures and suggest improvements.
- Clear communication with the project manager on schedule and scope implications through the project lifecycle.
- Lead the control debug activities to ensure the machine debug phase of the project is completed on schedule.
- Responsible for initial start-up and debug of integrated systems in house and at customer locations.
- Development of system documentation and operator training material.
- Provide consultation or training on topics such as mechatronics or automated control.
Controls Engineer Requirements
- Associate’s Degree and 5 years of robotics, controls, or engineering experience; OR Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering and 3 years of robotics, controls, or engineering experience.
- Robot programming experience primarily with Fanuc. Extensive knowledge of Fanuc RoboGuide software, and Fanuc based Teach Pendant programming applications.
- FANUC Robotics “Handling Tool” operation and iRVision knowledge is a plus.
- PLC/HMI programming experience with an emphasis on Allen Bradley
- Efficient using 2D AutoCAD and 3D SolidWorks to generate control system packages. Ability to create detailed electrical and pneumatic schematics in CAD
- Working knowledge of information based communication technologies, including TCP/iP, WiFi, ethernet IP, and RFID.
- Experience programming Cartesian, SCARA and Articulated robots is highly desired (Fanuc, Staubli, Kuka, Motoman, Omron, Epson)
- Experience with Machine Vision systems 2D and 3D (Cognex, Keyence, Omron, Fanuc)
- Experience with different fieldbus architectures such as DeviceNet, Ethernet/IP, Profinet, Profibus
- Functional experience programming VFD’s and Servo controllers
- Knowledge of Electrical Standards (NFPA79, National Electric code, UL508A)
- Knowledge of Safety standards (ANSI/RIA15.06, OSHA).
- Functional electrical maintenance and troubleshooting skills
- Competence in industrial machinery controls design; Must be able to design from start to finish
- Strong knowledge of electrical and mechanical principals as well as pneumatic and fluid power systems.
- Exposure to a wide variety of production machinery, industrial sensors, and equipment
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and customer service skills.
- The ability to work independently as well as on a project team.
- Overnight and in-town travel (approx. 30%).
- Valid driver’s license, clean driving record
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work in the US
Why our company?
MMT-Productivity is known for impressive customer service and integrity within our industry. That reputation is only achieved by hiring the right people, treating them with respect, providing excellent customer service, and acting with integrity where our employees are concerned. We are a stable, established company, and we’ve been around for a long time! Over the years, we have continued to grow, learn, evolve, and expand, providing growth opportunities to our long-term employees.
We are committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants.
For more than 50 years, we’ve been a catalyst for Computer Numerical Control (CNC) advancements in the Midwest machine tool industry with strong ties to local community and technical colleges as well as machine tool associations.
Productivity IncWhy Work Here?
Solid company, great growth opportunities, extremely competitive compensation and benefits.
Since 1968, metalworking machine supplier Productivity, Inc. has offered superior quality products and unmatched customer service to businesses in the manufacturing industry. Our innovative metalworking products and services help organizations in Iowa, Minnesota, Nebraska, Colorado & Utah overcome production challenges and streamline their operations for increased profitability and faster turnaround times. For more than 50 years, we’ve been a catalyst for Computer Numerical Control (CNC) advancements in the Midwest machine tool industry with strong ties to local community and technical colleges as well as machine tool associations.