Engineer Product II
- Posted: over a month ago
Engineer Product II
Fargo, South Dakota - Full Time
Productive Resources (www.productiveresources.com) is seeking a candidate to be part of our engineering team at our customer's facility in Fargo, South Dakota. As a member of our team, the selected candidate will plan, coordinate, perform product design, testing and/or analysis work for a complete project of moderate scope or for a significant portion or a sub-system of a major and diverse project. Operate in a team environment, providing input to design solutions and participating in design reviews. May assign, coordinate, and review portions of the work to support personnel. Decisions are made within established guidelines and may be reviewed by supervisors.
This is a full-time position that is indefinite in duration with the opportunity of professional growth, and additional opportunities within our organization.
- Design new and enhance existing test systems for robust electronics intended for on/off road vehicles and harsh environments.
- Perform requirements capture, analysis, design, programming, debugging, hardware integration and verification.
- Require system architectural development, HW/SW design and analysis, coding, schematic development, and troubleshooting of test systems.
- The systems will include analog / digital electronics, software operating systems, advanced control theory / methods, hydraulic control, pneumatic control, electric motor control and displays / instrumentation.
- Minimum B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering/Computer Engineering or equivalent
- 2 or more years of experience in LabVIEW or other NI programming languages.
- Should have experience with controlling hardware through programming software.
- Knowledge of basic circuit types.
- Experience with development and debugging tools (oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, multi-meters, etc.).
- 1 to 2 years of experience in SW development (C, C++, XML, etc.).
- 2 or more years with basic controls, and Data Acquisition systems (DAQ).
- Technical experience using and understanding schematics and HW analysis software (PSpice, MathCAD).
- Experience with basic electronics HW and systems (i.e., Op Amp, FET's, Transistors, A/D converters, serial, and parallel interfaces, etc.).
- Good written and verbal communications skills (English).
- Electronics testing experience.
- Experience in statistical analysis (SPC, GR&R, Monte Carlo, etc.).
- Experience with communication protocols (i.e., CAN, Serial, Ethernet, USB, etc.).
- J1939 / ISO11783
- Experience with basic machine control.
As a condition of employment consideration, Productive Resources conducts pre-employment screening, including a background check and drug test. In addition, an employment candidate is required to provide proof of identity and legal authority to work in the United States.
Why work for Productive Resources?
Productive Resources is a full-service engineering firm with over two decades of experience serving leading global clients. Our primary focus is on project-based product development and manufacturing engineering support. Our primary industries of focus are off highway equipment including agricultural, construction, defense, mining, recreational, industrial, and specialty machines.
We lead with our reputation for quality, teamwork, and innovative solutions which keep our clients engaged as a partner in their journey. Our diverse experience and client base will challenge your technical skills and provide greater opportunity for growth.
Our primary delivery center is our Technical Center in Waterloo, IA, as well as numerous customer areas we serve with onsite and remote teams throughout the U.S.
We Offer Competitive Benefits:
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Short-term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account (Traditional 401k & Roth 401k)
- Flexible Spending Plans for Medical Expenses and Dependent Care
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
Equal Opportunity and Veteran Friendly
Productive Resources LLC
BusinessView all jobs at Productive Resources LLC