PASCO designs and manufactures robotic automation systems and palletizers. Family owned and operated since 1976 and centrally located in St. Louis, Missouri, the company has a long list of repeat customers who have found through the years PASCO · a reliable source for excellence in innovation, craftsmanship and customer service. We are a fast-paced shop, looking for a Purchasing Manager.
The role of the purchasing function at PASCO is to control, reduce and/or minimize costs by consistently buying the right quantity of materials at the right price and reducing waste. This is a critical function of PASCO’s competitive edge in the automation industry as robotic applications become more commoditized by competitors and accessible to more customers.
· Reviews Bill of Materials (BOMs), estimates costs and purchases material as required.
· Perform specific purchasing tasks, including processing BOMs, issuing Purchase Orders (POs), change orders, contracts, rejections, and utilize system information/output to investigate or resolve business issues.
· Obtains quotes and assists in negotiating most suitable prices, terms and delivery schedules.
· Monitors the quality, delivery and price of products and services contracted.
· Expedites POs when necessary.
· Interfaces with all departments to ensure schedules are maintained as well as outside sources/services.
· Responsible for maintaining vendor relationships and leading the Supplier Review Program involving the correct number of good suppliers including the ability to forecast material cost via good rapport with such suppliers.
· Develop and motivate shipping and receiving staff and manage performance.
· Direct continuous improvement of purchasing processes in line with changing organizational needs and market conditions.
Skills & Qualifications
· Demonstrates ability to plan, set priorities, organizes and coordinates work with others. Highly organized.
· High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results focused.
· Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment by collecting and analyzing data.
· The ability to work quickly, accurately, and independently.
· Good math skills.
· High attention to detail
· Strong data entry skills.
Experience and Education
· 1-2 years’ experience in Sage 100 or similar Enterprise Resource Planning tools
· Experience with purchasing and inventory management a plus
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
· Must be able to handle duties in a timely fashion
· Must be able to transition from office environment to shop floor to perform work duties as needed
· Fast-paced environment at times
· Able to prioritize and juggle several assignments at once
Productive Automated Systems Corporation - PASCO
Why Work Here?PASCO designs and manufactures robotic automation systems and palletizers. Family owned and operated since 1976 and centrally located in St. Louis, Missouri, the company has a long list of repeat customers who have found through the years PASCO · a reliable source for excellence in innovation, craftsmanship and customer service.
Family owned and operated since 1976. Great Benefits.
Saint Louis, MO