Assembly Line Leader
1. ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee production min of 4 production lines to meet all metrics for Safety / Quality / Productivity / Cost / Housekeeping.
- Supports the production lines as needed to support material feeding
- Responsible to complete FIRST & LAST piece inspection checks for lines responsible
- Responsible to issue operator training, New, Current, Process change, Skill evaluation, Qualification, Flex Chart, Sorting, GP-12, Rework. Monitor daily operator training is evaluated based on overall evaluation score.
- Responsible to train all line operators under responsibility to complete Startup check sheet and error proofing check sheet by each operator process.
- Check that all lines are producing first piece sample within 5 min of the start of shift
- Maximize efficiency and productivity through line monitoring of daily productivity targets is achieved. Monitor and support Supervisor of the lines for identifying areas needing improvements to meet the target
- Responsible to communicate on daily basis with lines of Productivity achievement rates are meeting the company set target. Council line operators having adverse effect to meeting the company set target.
- Inputting into ERP system productivity results on outlined intervals to be set by Production Control.
- Floating Leader is responsible to check / audit POP screens for accuracy for plan vs actual.
- Floating leader is to communicate and document all POP issues for signal connection failure, Accuracy, part number to produced is correct
- Floating Leader is to support the Supervisor in placement of operators to work for their full potential and meeting company goals
- Floating Leader to complete responsible portion of all Performance review including profit sharing , or as temp to direct hire
- Floating Leader is responsible to take daily line attendance and report to the Supervisor of missing operators and locations needed to fill. Floating Leader will be responsible to fill any open position needed on the lines, inspection, GP-12, Rework as requested due to absent or vacations
- Floating Leader is Responsible to Analyze all line defects daily base for root cause. Floating Leader must drive corrective actions needed to eliminate the potential of the defect.
- Floating Leader is responsible to be active participant for production to the CFT teams for new program launches, 4 M changes, Engineering Changes, APQP activities, PTR trials, Plant layouts, machine relocations as needed and directed from management
- Floating Leader is to promote Problem Solving Technics with all line operators. Promoting line operators inputs to solving daily line issues
- Supports containment activities in the event of a customer quality concern. Sorting / Checking / identifying material as quality directs.
- Responsible to monitor material FIFO is being kept of the lines.
- Responsible to count daily inventory finished goods produced and validate POP vs actual build (containers). Report all daily counts of finished goods to Production Control
- Support Material for any potential stock out of components to the lines and escalate all components identified for potential shortage or stock out
- Responsible to maintain all 5’S & 3C is in place on the lines assigned. Support training efforts to the operators for 5’S & 3C improvements
- Responsible to dispose of all scrap materials daily after completion and approval of disposal has been approved.
- Responsible to report all machine issues to maintenance, support Andon system for escalation, keep track that all lines are using system button for downtime on POP screen
- Floating Leader to maintain that all operators by process are keeping all tooling, jigs, machines in good working condition & keeping clean daily
- Responsible to support Maintenance team for machine issues. Keep machine failures in condition of the failure for maintenance review
- Responsible to train each line operator by process for machine parameters and checking locations. Train all operators for good ok condition and failed condition result
- Support Maintenance for small repairs on the production lines where Floating leader has been trained to fix properly using correct tools
- Promote safe working of all operators / inspect operators are wearing proper PPE daily. Report operators to Management for operators violating any safety policy.
- Responsible to attend all safety meetings / training as requested from management
1.5. Product Quality
- Responsible to train all (New) operators Process changing operators for Quality Alerts before operation to the equipment
- Floating Leader is responsible to train, verify all non-conforming procedure is applied
- Responsible to update QIR / LPA/ Corrective Actions issued
- Responsible to follow escalation Procedure and train all operators to the procedure. Verify procedure is followed for all lines
- Floating Leader is responsible to monitor that all line processes are running to the work instruction and that no deviation to the instruction is taking place
- Floating leader must support Supervisor for promotion of quality trainings, Best practices, Customer Requirements, Reduction of Internal & External PPM is meeting the target of the company
1.6. Floating Leader Removal
Kwangjin has the right to demote the floating leader based on the following:
- 1.6..1. Performance is repeatedly not meeting company standard with a continued record of lacking improvements.
- 1.6..2. Is in violation to company policies / attendance / work rule / dress code / acting in non-ethical manner represented of the company / favoritism towards employees and/or any abuse of power is witnessed.
- 1.6..3. Any violations with the law where prosecution was applied of a felony charge.
- Work as active team member of production for all continuous improvement efforts
- Support in filling in for Supervisor being on vacation or out of work on sickness / personal day.
- Any Production related instructions/directions from management.
2. REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 2.1. High School Diploma / GED equivalent
- 2.2. Is KJA employee for more than 90 days with the company
- 2.3. Must have min of 90% Performance review score from Attendance, Quality, Job Flex, Performance review, Warning letters.
- 2.4. Performance review recommendation from immediate Supervisor submitted to Manager.
- 2.5. Approval from Manager & KJA President into the GMS system
Production and Assembly Company