Associate Full Stack Engineer - Remote
- Posted: over a month ago
Associate Full Stack Engineer
We’re looking for people who are passionate about creating great products.
Do you believe culture and craft are best played as a team sport? That being kind to one another is part of the job? Then you will fit right in to our fantastic Engineering team. We move quickly but thoughtfully. We're rigorous without ivory tower institutions. We love building and technology, but we're customer obsessed first.
At ProductPlan, we believe in doing what matters—and that begins with the culture we create. Our values are Heart, Humility, and Hustle. Together we work hard, laugh hard, and support one another to build the product roadmap software behind today’s leading companies.
If that sounds exciting to you, read on!
What you'll do
- Be an active part of our software delivery cycle. From ideation to deployment and everything in between, your contributions will make a difference.
- Contribute to our full stack web application, crafted with PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, Ruby on Rails, and React.
- Work on a small, product-focused team of 3-4 engineers; that will build innovative customer experiences.
- Write high quality and well tested code to meet our customer’s needs.
- Work collaboratively to solve problems.
Who you are
- You have some experience with software development experience preferably developing SaaS software.
- You have some experience with React and Ruby on Rails or related technologies.
- You’ve got an eye for the beautiful design our users expect and your attention to detail extends down to the very last pixel.
- You are a First Principles thinker who is able to work with others to come up with pragmatic solutions.
- You have strong product instincts and take pride in understanding customers.
- You get excited about figuring out solutions to complex problems and enjoy executing those solutions even more!
- You have a strong dedication to code quality, automation and operational excellence.
- You are a strong communicator. Explaining complex technical concepts to designers, support, and other engineers is no problem for you. Nobody glazes over when you speak!
Psst! Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. We want to be super clear: we don’t believe in perfect candidates (or people!). ProductPlan is a place where everyone can grow. However you identify and whatever background you bring with you, if this is a role that would make you fired up to come into work every day, please apply.
Friends, coworkers, trivia nuts, musical wizards, moms, dads, engineers, designers, worm farmers, bee keepers, marketers, support, human beings. Originally, we created ProductPlan to liberate people from building roadmaps using cumbersome tools like spreadsheets and slide decks. It's been amazing to watch it grow into what it is today—a system of record for product-led companies, worldwide.
ProductPlan was founded in 2013 with headquarters in Santa Barbara, California. Our talented distributed team is now located all over the world.
ProductPlan has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture. We look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. We value ownership, craftsmanship, investment in ourselves, quality communication, and a healthy work life balance. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What to Expect
When you interview, we'd like to get to know you as a person and a coder.
As a person, we’re looking for someone who demonstrates our values: Heart, Humility, and Hustle. We look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, own solutions end to end, and expect sustained efficient performance. We seek people with the desire to build and share expertise in crafting simple, intuitive solutions, in whatever way is relevant to their role.
As a coder, we’d like to learn about your philosophy on how to write maintainable code and how to write interfaces that others can use and build upon.
This is a US-based remote position. You'll be part of a remote-first work culture where all meetings are online and we use apps like Slack and Zoom to communicate.
AddressSanta Barbara, CA
TechnologyView all jobs at ProductPlan