Senior Account Manager
Produce Alliance LLC Chicago, IL
- Posted: over a month ago
Produce Alliance, LLC specializes in providing fresh produce procurement and distribution services to foodservice clients across North America, the Caribbean and beyond. Produce Alliance manages a group of 50 independently owned specialty distributors of fresh products, with combined produce sales of over $4 billion annually. Each produce distributor is carefully selected using the most rigorous qualification criteria. Each commits to full compliance with Produce Alliance’s audited distribution, purchasing, and category management programs designed for client success. Produce Alliance has offices in Chicago, Atlanta, Nashville, and a flagship office in the heart of the growing region of the Salinas Valley in California.
The Senior Account Manager handles the day-to-day needs for assigned clients. He or she develops an understanding of the customer’s business. Works to develop a deep knowledge of fresh produce management services as well as business needs. Maintains a high degree of customer contact and develops relationships with the customer and given distributor across key processes and functions. The Senior Account Manager must be able to adapt to a variety of clients and their needs and expectations.
POSITION DUTIES /RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists Business Developer through the acquisition of business and renewal process
- Supports the Executive Account Manager, if applicable, with projects and responsibilities
- Becomes the main point of contact after account is acquired
- Manages account rollout, account maintenance, and growth.
- Conducts ongoing client delivery and quality monitoring and works to resolve issues
- Provides culinary assistance, which includes product inquires, new menu items, product innovations, local farm programs and label and brand approvals
- Handles client online portal maintenance and internal proprietary data system
- Develops profitability and cost savings analyses and participates in business review presentations
- Hosts customers at conferences and events as needed
- Must be able to work with a variety of internal departments to support the customer’s requests.
- Be able to provide insight and new ideas to an account
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree or 2-3 years of equivalent work experience in Account Management required.
- Experience managing account relationships
- Attention to detail with a strong desire to deliver value added support to clients
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced team environment as well as independently
- Must be flexible to assist with client needs outside normal business hours as needed.
- Ability to critically think about customer needs proactively
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Tools as well as internal systems.
Produce Alliance LLC
BusinessView all jobs at Produce Alliance LLC