Manager, Software Engineering - Levelset
- Posted: over a month ago
If you read the below description and feel this position excites you, but your experience does not add up 100%, we encourage you to still apply and tell us why! We look forward to learning what makes you passionate and purposeful.
About the Role
Join us as a Software Engineering Manager (FinTech) and be instrumental in helping achieve our vision to change behavior and revolutionize payment in the gigantic and increasingly tech-savvy construction industry.
As a Software Engineering Manager (FinTech) at Levelset, you will lead a team of software engineers to develop, deploy, and support software for our Materials Financing product. You will achieve business outcomes for the teams that report to you. You will be accountable for the team’s performance, capacity management, and technical excellence either directly or through one or more team/project leads. Success in this role means velocity, high-quality code, and customer happiness.
You should have a strong background in full-stack web development, lead by example, and no problem can stop you. You are a good problem solver, knowledgeable about algorithms and data structures, and well versed in coding using different technologies. Additionally, you should be capable of leading a team to produce quick output with good quality and be the people manager for the teams' members. Our backend development is done primarily in PHP, so having previous PHP experience is strongly encouraged for this position.
This role reports to the Director of Engineering and is based in New Orleans, LA. We’re looking for someone to join our team immediately.
What you’ll do
- Maintain development teams' performance and velocity
- Manage team hiring and attrition
- Effectively lead a team to the best decisions
- Ensure software quality and reliability of the teams' output
- Plan, design, develop, debug, implement and support full-stack web-based software applications and services
- Modify existing software to add new features, correct errors, allow it to function in new operating environments, or improve performance
- Improve software quality by conducting systems analyses and recommending changes in policies and procedures
- Participate in planning for software development projects, and ensure projects are concluded according to the planned delivery dates
What we’re looking for
- 8+ years of software engineering experience
- A strong technical leader who can influence people and results
- Excellent understanding of software engineering and design concepts
- Excellent understanding of the full web stack
- Excellent knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- Robust knowledge of HTML/JS/CSS concepts
- Experience in using MySQL engine and advanced features
- Good understanding of Linux administration and DevOps principles
Levelset, a Procore company, is building the software that empowers people in construction to get what they earn. We provide cloud-based construction management software that makes lien rights, payment paperwork, and compliance in the construction industry simple and stress-free, so contractors and suppliers can get paid faster, have easier access to capital, and less surprises.
If you'd like to stay in touch and be the first to hear about new roles at Procore, join our Talent Community.
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes, and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: generous paid vacation, employee stock purchase plan, enrichment and development programs, and friends and family events.
AddressNew Orleans, LA
TechnologyView all jobs at Procore Technologies