Shakespeare- Team Lead
Process Solutions Columbia, SC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Plans and oversees the day-to-day operations of Lawn & Garden production floor (Automation, Gen, Legacy, Loops, Heads, Tablework, Strips) including but not limited to: scheduling and reporting functions, assembly operations, training, inventory accuracy, and maintenance and complaint resolution. Works closely with Operations Managers and Team Leads to thoroughly understand the inputs of Supply Chain, Quality, and Engineering and how they affect the operational efficiency of the department. The Team Leader is responsible for the overall safety of employees, the quality of product being produced, and the production standards that are being achieved.
Responsible for control of both the quality records and any non-conforming products within assembly.
Work with the leadership team to schedule operators and ensure planned efficiency rates are achieved to maintain a department efficiency rating of 100%. Includes the validation of time-off requests to ensure that key products can be produced efficiently and timely.
Provide feedback to L&G Operations Manager and Team Leads concerning unreported production, nonconforming components, associate efficiency, training needs, and maintenance issues:
- Rectify unreported production as soon as it is identified and document Corrective Action or training for responsible associate(s).
- Coordinate the transferring and disposal of non-conforming parts.
- Document lapses in employee efficiency with either Corrective Actions or Training documents
- Document training plans as needed with updates to occur at least once a year.
Assist in the development of hourly associates by:
- Defining responsibilities and expectations
- Ensuring that expected rates of efficiency are known
- Encouraging continuous improvement
- Establishing individual and team objectives
- Recognizing and rewarding along with a continual review of the needs of associates
- Creating conditions to encourage innovation and problem-solving skills
- Ensuring effective teamwork
Clearly communicate and uphold the organization’s policies and objectives.
Ensure that the work environment has a positive influence on motivation, satisfaction, and performance of associates by creative work methods, opportunities for greater involvement to realize the potential of each associate, guidance, and safety standards including the use of PPE and proper ergonomics.
Participate and be actively involved in OpX and Team Meetings promoting continuous improvement within the organization, with emphasis on weekly 5S Audits.
Ensure reporting is accurately executed and when discrepancies are identified, perform background investigation and provide information to the L&G Operations Manager.
Perform internal system audits on reporting and transfer processes to ensure procedures are being followed.
Assist L&G Operations Manager with complaint resolution by analyzing problems to determine the Root Cause and develop Corrective / Preventative Actions. Upon completion of complaint resolution, provide feedback and/or training to all associates as outlined in the corrective/preventative action policy.
Ensure material flow of Finished Goods and/or Raw Materials is organized and readily available for scheduled assemblies.
Participate and enforce compliance in 5S initiatives to include housekeeping and sustainment (daily audit).
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to uphold attendance policy.
- Must be able to read information and numbers, perform basic mathematical calculations, and write legibly.
- Ability to operate a manual and electric pallet jack.
- Ability to work cooperatively and communicate with others.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to follow direction or instruction.
- Ability to stand/bend/stretch, etc.
- Ability to lift 35 lbs. regularly.
- Experience with Epicor ERP System for product reporting, transporting, and scheduling.
- Working knowledge of Lawn & Garden production and quality standards.
- Good computer skill and experience in working with Excel and Microsoft Word.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of responsibilities for this position and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of this position. Company management may assign other relevant, business-related duties.
RetailView all jobs at Process Solutions