Quality Laboratory Technician
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Probi® is a global company focused exclusively on researching, manufacturing, and delivering probiotics for supplements and functional food. We are experts at managing stable, live bacteria from R&D through every stage of the manufacturing process and are dedicated to making the health-enhancing benefits of probiotics available to people everywhere.
Probi USA manufactures a wide variety of probiotic products including bulk probiotic powders, capsules, tablets and bottled products. Our probiotics are fermented, harvested and frozen at our Redmond facility.
We are currently searching for a Quality Laboratory Technician , to work in our Redmond, WA facility. This is a full-time position working a Monday thru Friday, schedule and hours of 7:00 AM – 3:30 PM.
The Quality Laboratory Technician provides quality support to operations departments and helps verify the quality of both incoming components and outgoing finished goods. This role is responsible for performing certain laboratory analyses, working with third party labs, coordinating the collection of representative samples, and performing applicable inspections. Ensures the accuracy of instruments and equipment by performing calibration and verification activities. Supports the microbiology lab as applicable by producing media and preparing samples.
KEY JOB DUTIES
- Sample incoming components utilizing statistically sound sampling plans.
- Submit samples to appropriate labs for analysis. Work with qualified third party labs by coordinating sample submission and communicating on status to maintain expected lead times.
- Coordinate incoming samples from other departments.
- Perform physical analyses and other specified lab tests utilizing defined methods and specifications.
- Inspect finished goods for compliance to specifications.
- Produce media used in the microbiology lab as applicable.
- Perform routine calibration and verification activities to ensure the ongoing accuracy of equipment and instruments used for production, inspection, and analysis.
- Prepare samples for analysis.
- Perform special projects as assigned.
- Maintain laboratory in a clean, organized manner including maintenance of media stocks, inventory control, glassware cleaning, and sanitation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to read, write, and converse in the English language.
- Follow GMP, PPE, and company safety policies in performance of job duties.
- Maintain good attendance.
- Perform other projects / duties as assigned.
- Must be able to successfully pass a background check.
WORK EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma/GED
GMP, plant safety, general lab safety, prioritization and time management.
Basic arithmetic, elementary algebra
Office 365 (Word, Excel, Outlook), SharePoint.
o Job Technical and Instrumentation
Pipetting, aseptic technique, sterilization technique, GDP, force, dimension, and volumetric measurement, basic solutions chemistry, sampling technique.
BENEFITS FOR US EMPLOYEES
- $1,000 Bonus for new hourly employees! Paid on a graduated payment schedule: $100 after 2 weeks, $200 after 30 days, $300 after 60 days, $400 after 6 months! (paid on the corresponding paycheck)
- Medical, vision, and dental coverage available after 30 days (and start of the next month) with 85% paid by employer for employee and 20% for dependents.
- Long and short-term disability insurance at no cost to the employee.
- Tuition Reimbursement Program.
- Employee Assistance Program free to employees.
- PTO (Paid Time Off) accrues upon hire, up to 4 weeks (20 days) per year and increases with years of service.
- Nine (9) paid holidays per year.
- 17 hours per calendar year to volunteer out in the community.
- $100 a year toward Wellness activities.
- Membership in 401K and Roth plan after 6 months with up to 4% employer match.
- Employee Referral Program.
- Free parking, free coffee, and Thursday breakfast goodies!
Probi USA is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other protected factor.
Get fresh R&D Laboratory Technician jobs daily straight to your inbox!