Oracle Database Developer
Oklahoma City/Tulsa/Stillwater OK or Overland Park KS or Alpharetta GA
Proagrica is a global provider of independent connectivity and data-driven support solutions for the agriculture and animal health industries, and it delivers actionable intelligence to drive business growth across the value chain and offers superior products and services to connect and empower industry participants for addressing their key needs around trading, productivity, and compliance. And, its solutions are built around key competencies of data connectivity and analytics and deliver seamless supply chain management and standards compliance, and customer insight and engagement, essential for business looking to improve value offering and expand in the modern marketplace. Proagrica solutions support customers across 5 continents and 180 countries and its offices span 40 countries, and as result, 6K+ customers benefit from connectivity solutions; 25K+ trading connections are enabled; 800K+farms boost productivity via precision ag solutions; and 153+ million acres are managed using geospatial technology.
In recent years, Proagrica has strategically acquired leaders within the agriculture data transformation market to further its vision for improved integration, efficiency, profitability and insight across the entire supply chain. F4F, the integrated agriculture network and workflow solutions division, DBT, its animal health division, and SST Software, the agriculture management solutions division will now all be incorporated into the new streamlined Proagrica identity. Proagrica also encompasses industry leading publications, such as Farmers Weekly, as well as farm management software from Farmplan, including Gatekeeper.
Proagrica, is a part of umbrella company, Reed Business Information (RBI), provider of information, analytics and data products and services for strategic decision making across a wide range of sectors aside from agriculture and animal health, including but not limited to, banking, petrochemicals and aviation. RBI, in turn, is a part of parent company, RELX Group, a world-leading provider of information and analytics for professional and business customers across industries. To learn more about Proagrica, RBI and RELX Group, and products and services offered, visit www.proagrica.com, www.reedbusiness .com. and www.relx.com.
Seeking Oracle Database Developer with advanced knowledge in database design, implementation, development and performance tuning. Person selected for position will interact with colleagues from various departments, including Database developers, Database Administrators, Software Engineers, Business Analysts, Customer/Technical Support. And, selected will work on feature enhancements, new project discussions and design, resolving customer issues, running reports from the database, troubleshooting issues, and fixing bugs.
Proagrica hosts data from different countries, and position will expose selected person to database design and development and to managing a big database, through which, selected person will gain knowledge about worldwide farming practices. Position is exciting, and rewarding, as will allow opportunity for selected person to work with progressive tools and services and be a part of team fulfilling the various technology-driven needs of farmers, cooperatives, seed companies, fertilizer companies and equipment manufacturers.
For this role, selected person will enjoy working with databases; work well with others; think geo-spatially; possess solid understanding of complicated issues and solving problem; and be excited to create new platforms, all for advancing technology needs of Precision Agriculture
Experience & Education
- 4+ years’ experience working in similar Oracle Database Developer role
- BS Engineering/Computer Science/MIS or equivalent experience required
- Attend planning meetings to gather requirements from Business Analysts
- Design database structure, planning for efficient storage and performance
- Develop database code (functions, triggers, ad-hoc report queries)
- Respond to, troubleshoot and fix issues and support calls
- Performance tuning of queries
Required Experience & Skills
- Thorough knowledge of basic, intermediate and advanced RDBMS concepts such as normalization, ACID, constraints, triggers, functions, procedures, materialized views, indexes, aggregate functions, joins, context switching and memory pinning to name a few.
- Knowledge of Oracle-specific storage – tablespaces, datafiles, partitioning
- Ability to write well-commented, well-formatted and efficient PL/SQL code
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
Desired Experience & Skills
- PostGres and PL/PgSQL
- Cloud-based databases (Azure, AWS)
- Big databases, involving tables with billions of rows
- Data Warehousing – design and ETL