Project Manager of Material Handling Equipment
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Proactive Technical Recruitment is seeking a direct hire Project Manager of Material Handling Equipment for our customer that is the leader in the field of modern and automated cold storage! This position sits in Chicago, but remote candidates accepted with 50% travel.
Direct Hire Benefits:
$125-140k plus 10% bonus
Remote + 50-70% Travel
Health, Dental, Vision, Life, PTO, 401k with match
As the Project Manager of Material Handling Equipment, you will be responsible for managing all the works related to the Material Handling Equipment. This consists of: Managing Scope of the MHE suppliers, Detail Engineering, Budget control, Testing (Factory, Site, Performance) / Quality Control, Program control, Organize training, Site supervision, and Hand Over to Operations.
1. Managing Scope: Together with the Project Engineer you will make sure the scope of work is clear for all the MHE suppliers and is properly integrated into their contract. During the execution you will make sure that no one deviates from the scope.
2. Detail Engineering: The PM MHE will lead the detailed engineering process. It is important to control the suppliers on each detail. The standards must be respected and where suppliers interface with each other you will make sure that there are no design conflicts.
3. Budget Control: You have a specific MHE budget and will report to the Project Director on status of the budget. Invoices from your suppliers must be approved by you first.
4. Testing (Factory, Site, Performance) / Quality Control: There are several standard tests in place that must be executed to assure that the suppliers meet the contractual demands. You will organize these tests and observe them to make sure the demands are met. The Quality Control Plan must be followed to make sure that the quality delivered by the suppliers meets our high standards.
5. Program control: You will prepare the MHE program which will integrated into the overall program and added to the contracts. You will manage the progress and report changes.
6. Organize Training: Operational personnel will be available early in the project so they can be trained on the mechanical equipment and their electrical components, to get them to level that they are comfortable with the installation at Go-Live.
7. Site Supervision: The PM MHE will (hire) support and manage the MHE Project Lead in his regular on-site progress and quality checks and integrate these checks in the reporting and if necessary, escalate issues.
8. Hand-Over to Operations: The two-step hand-over to operations can be done after completing all training, receiving all training documentation, manuals, CE declarations and successfully performing all necessary tests (performance and availability).
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Engineering
- 7-10+ years of project management experience
- Strong knowledge of material handling, conveyor, or automated machinery integration experience
- Automated warehousing, logistics fulfillment centers, or cold storage industry experience is highly desirable
- 50-70% travel
Why work with Proactive?
Proactive Technical Recruitment is an industry leading, specialist engineering recruitment agency focused on the automation, manufacturing, and robotics sectors. We offer specialist recruitment services to a niche customer base, vetting that our clients offer the best opportunities for your career. Proactive encourages and promotes equality and diversity within the workforce. We act with honesty, integrity, and impartiality, ensuring your application is considered on its own merits and without bias.
When registering with Proactive you will have the opportunity to apply for some of the most interesting, specialist, opportunities in the marketplace, with the biggest companies in the sector. Follow us on LinkedIn and Facebook for industry news and download our app for live notifications about newly listed vacancies. We look forward to helping you find your next role!
Apply today for more information about this Project Manager of Material Handling Equipment opportunity!
ConstructionView all jobs at Proactive Recruitment
Get fresh Construction Material jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.