Controls Engineer Manufacturing
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Plant Engineer – Controls Integration
Our client is a recognized global leader in the food and beverage manufacturing industry
As our Plant Engineer, your primary role will be to optimize automation controls in order to reduce process variability and improve production efficiencies. Systems integration is an important element of this role. You will take aspects from one machine system’s controls and integrate those aspects with another machine’s controls to have them function as an extension of one another. This is an ideal role for a system integrator that knows PLC and HMI and how to configure the programming.
As Plant Engineer, you will focus on the following:
- Apply safety standards in the design of processes and manufacturing equipment.
- Work as part of a team; may also serve as Project Lead for large automation projects.
- Lead all phases of an automation project, from early development through completion; may also be responsible for project management and training exercises, as needed.
- Demonstrate solid rapport with clients, peers, and supervisors.
- Contribute to the enhancement of overall equipment effectiveness.
- Meet cost and timing objectives on all programs and projects.
- Train manufacturing on the use and maintenance of new equipment and processes.
- Assist in the debugging of new equipment and troubleshoot problems with existing equipment.
- Complete necessary documentation for process acceptance.
- Share responsibility with a team of salaried professionals to cover off-hours requests for technical support.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Packaging Engineering or Food Science.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering with related experience may qualify.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter that can …
- Determines and proceed with the best design and implementation solutions compatible with safety, quality, and both process and equipment constraints
- Work both independently and in team-based project environments.
- Design, implement, and support PLC, HMI, and software for control systems and equipment.
- Observe, document, analyze, and continuously improve manufacturing operations.
- Interact with operators to optimize process and improve workstation environment.
- Understand manufacturing processes and process instrumentation.
- Design, implement, and support electrical hardware systems.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of five (5) years of experience including the following:
- Packaging development, design, and manufacturing.
- Project management skills.
Preferred qualifications include the following:
- Seven (7) plus years of experience.
- Familiarity with high-speed food manufacturing processes (preferably related to salty snacks, baking or confectionery).
Benefits include Medical, Dental, and Vision group health care coverage, life insurance, long- and short-term disability income continuation, and education reimbursement. Three weeks of paid time off during your first year of employment. Our 401(k) Plan matches 100% of your 401(k) deferrals … up to 10% of your earnings!
Proactive RecruitmentWhy Work Here?
Great company and potential for growth.
ManufacturingView all jobs at Proactive Recruitment