Proactive Employment Inc. Trumbauersville, PA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Mechanical Engineer is responsible for developing new ideas, concepts, and prototypes to create and build our companies product capabilities specifically in the glazing and frame design portions of our business. This person will also be responsible for developing new solutions and improving the performance, efficiency, and reliability of existing systems and products. This position will offer unique and complex engineering challenges that require persistence, original “out of the box” thinking, and a positive attitude. The selected candidate will be based out of our Trumbauersville, PA location and will report to the Engineering Manager.
· Will you lead the research and development process from problem identification through final testing for custom designed products?
· Are you comfortable performing engineering assignments with clear and specified objectives including design calculations and creation of specifications, drawings, CAD models, tooling/fixturing, and equipment specification?
· Are you able to keep current on new technologies, new innovations, industry challenges, and new products?
· Can you work with production during design, prototype, and production (including a significant production floor presence)?
· Will you maximize product design taking into consideration performance requirements, material cost efficiency, compatibility, and company’s ability to manufacture the product?
· Are you able to collaborate with a team to investigate, research, and/or develop solutions for both internal and external problems?
· Can you evaluate and identify potential problems as well as participating in resolving production/product engineering issues?
· Are you comfortable with interpreting customer specifications and requirements documents to suggest innovative solutions?
· Will you provide necessary support to Sales during the quotation process and upon receipt of orders?
· Can you redesign and/or make changes to existing models according to client’s requirements?
· Will you provide engineering support to aid in the optimization and continuous improvement of manufacturing processes?
Education, Skills & Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering field.
· 5-10 years of design engineering or related experience.
· Experience and success in the glazing/window framing industry; preferably in the transit, automotive, agriculture, marine, and/or aerospace industries.
· Highly motivated, results oriented, and self-driven.
· Demonstrate ability to work with teams and customers.
· Exceptional problem-solving skills.
· Demonstrate the ability to build rapport and collaborate with others externally and within the company.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Detailed oriented with excellent planning and organizational skills.
· Possess strong leadership and project management skills.
· Experience in 2D AutoCAD; 3D CAD experience a plus.
· Excellent computer skills including Excel, Teams, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
Proactive Employment Inc.Why Work Here?
Opportunity to join long-term employer with potential for growth.
ManufacturingView all jobs at Proactive Employment Inc.