As a Controls Engineer you will provide technical support and leadership to operations automation projects. Responsibilities include upkeep and improvement of control systems of vital equipment. The Controls Engineer will be required to lead projects from concept through completion. The Controls Engineer will need to have good teamwork and communication skills to smoothly implement key projects.
* Provide leadership through technical expertise to maintenance associates.
* Assist plant associates with technical questions and potential solutions
* *Equipment Protection and Safety*
* Make changes to equipment controls to improve reliability and safety
* Good understanding of OSHA safety requirements
* Review new equipment controls for safety effectiveness.
* *Equipment and facilities*
* Assist in troubleshooting equipment problems.
* Lead process improvement and cost savings initiatives.
* Create control specifications for new equipment.
* Aid in the installation and startup of new equipment.
* Standardize control equipment
* Setup and maintain necessary networks, software, tools for effective controls work
* Manage outside resources when necessary
* Strong programming skills, predominately Allen Bradley PLC control systems
* Ability to integrate typical production I/O, drive systems, including all electrical panel components
* Ability to generate electrical drawings for new projects and equipment changes
* Preferably have BSEE or equivalent
* 2-5yrs Controls Experience (will consider entry level with strong education)
* Previous experience in the installation and startup of new equipment, and troubleshooting in a production environment
* Previous experience with Fanuc, Allen Bradley, Siemens, Rockwell, PLC programming
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.