IT Professional III Programmer Analyst
The Gateway Software Engineer position develops the universal communications software that interfaces with various Ground Support Equipment needed for processing the SLS/Orion spacecraft as well as interfacing with the avionics stack onboard the launch/crew vehicles themselves in order to process and, publish the telemetry in a common form to other Launch Control Firing Room servers for use by other applications that process, monitor, and command the vehicles through assembly, testing, and launch.
Responsibilities & Requirements:
- Utilizes CMMI compliant processes to develop, modify and maintain software source code and applications.
- Monitors the operation of assigned applications and responds to problems by diagnosing and correcting errors in logic and coding.
- Review user requirements and needs for new software and performs analysis, design, implementation, installation, and documentation related to new software developed and/or acquired.
- Provide real-time troubleshooting, anomaly resolution, and system recovery as necessary
- Assist in developing project plans and developing schedules for completion of assigned tasks.
- Attend meetings and possibly make a presentation on matters pertaining to supported applications.
- Attend meetings and possibly make a presentation on matters pertaining to supported systems.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Requires a BS degree in computer or system science, information technology, engineering or a related discipline from an accredited college or university.
- Required knowledge of software design, development, and/or testing
- Required experience with C and C++ in Linux and AIX environments.
- Preferred knowledge of real-time systems (i.e. Launch/Spacecraft Command & Control, SCADA (Utility or otherwise), Remote Sensing, Telemetry, etc)
- Desired experience with OS/COMET® telemetry, tracking, and command software product
- Desired experience with spaceflight operations
- Ability to analyze information and problem solving
- Experience with Software Development Fundamentals and Software Development Processes