Contract Specialist (Mid-Level)
- Posted: over a month ago
ProVets Consulting Group (ProVets) is an SBA 8(a) Certified, and VA CVE Verified Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business. Our goal is to continue to serve the American People through government support.
ProVets provides Fortune 500 – caliber employee benefits such as excellent medical benefits, basic life insurance, long term disability benefits, healthcare Flexible Spending Account (FSA), commuter benefits, access to professional development courses for free or with minimal fees, and competitive 401(k) retirement savings plan.Job Description
Mid-Level Contract Specialist with strong communication skills and organizational skills to support potential and current government clients. Duties involve a wide range of contracting support from pre-award to post-award contract management. Telework will be authorized; however, team members are required to meet with client on-site when needed to complete the tasks so candidates must be local to the D.C. area.Telework will be authorized; however, team members are required to meet with client on-site when needed to complete the tasks so candidates must be local to the D.C. area.
- Minimum of three years of federal acquisition and contracting experience
- Bachelor’s degree or 24 semester hours of business-related coursework
- Professional computer skills, to include but not limited to, skills in operating Microsoft Office software, with emphasis on Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook as well as SharePoint
- Skills in managing and prioritizing multiple assignments with strict deadlines and ability to coordinate efforts among many offices.
- All positions require excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written)
- Knowledge of the federal acquisition methods and techniques
- Knowledge of federal acquisition regulations, laws and policies
- Perform all pre-award and post-award functions with direction from the Contracting Officer for cradle-to-grave contracting support and advise the Contracting Officers and/or Program Owners
- Pre-award functions include, but are not limited to, market research, coordinating with Program Owners, Small Business Government Representatives, publicizing contract actions, soliciting requirements, and drafting evaluation of offeror’s proposal(s), and drafting awards
- Track milestones to ensure timely submittal of acquisition packages as well as with the contracting office to ensure timely award
- Participate in Multi-Functional Team, hold/conduct meetings and liaise with Program Owners and Contracting Officers
- Post-award functions include, but are not limited to, contract administration, contract actions and contract closeout. Contract actions include, but are not limited to, contract awards and contract modifications (e.g. exercise of options)
- Document and inform Contracting Officer of exhaustive communication attempts leading up to government delay, especially for requirement package receipt
- Advise Contracting Officer(s) on matters (i.e. acquisition strategy, exercise of option, re-competitions, etc.) pertinent to the acquisition
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
ProVets Consulting Group, LLC
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?