ProSphere is seeking a Senior Cyber Security Analyst with experience supporting federal government initiatives. The Senior Cyber Security Analyst must have a thorough knowledge of security principles, concepts, policy and regulations and be able to identify risks in security systems and work with technical experts to resolve security issues. The analyst is not afraid to implement new systems or manage the existing Information Security systems. The successful candidate will identify key concepts, factors and risks based on conversations and document these in clear and concise narrative or graphic reports. The candidate must also be able to interact with the Information Security Office personnel and coordinate information assurance actions, investigations and remediation of cyber security vulnerabilities within the enterprise. This is a full-time position located in Washington, DC. Veterans are encouraged to apply.
- Develop and maintain security processes and controls that ensure security posture meets and/or exceeds FISMA and other Federal security standards as required
- Update applicable controls according to NIST 800-53 rev.4
- Create documentation in support of the Assessment & Authorization (A&A) efforts to include Security Control Assessment Report, System Security Plan and Security Standard Operating Procedures
- Maintain Security applications to include installing updates and modify configurations to monitor the system.
- Foster an innovative and inclusive team-oriented work environment
- Administer, support and maintain security tools to include:
- McAfee EPO
- IBM SiteProtector
- Symantec Endpoint Protection Management
- Tenable Security Center
- Maintain and support Linux operating systems (RHEL preferred), as well as Windows Server operating systems
- Scan the computing environment and create pertinent reports using Tenable Security Center
- Provision and maintain McAfee EPO policies for the computing environment
- Create Splunk dashboards and custom search queries to display
- Create and maintain PowerShell scripts to automate system management processes within the organization
- Evaluate and implement DISA STIGs to hardware/software applications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems/Technology or engineering discipline. Master's degree preferred.
- 5+ years' progressive experience in IT security methods and procedures
- Hands on experience with enterprise system deployment and management
- Extensive knowledge in applying IT security techniques and methods
- Extensive knowledge in NIST Risk Management Framework and FISMA
- Able to utilize IT security industry standard methods in providing secure systems
- Demonstrated technical capabilities and professional knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to learn new security techniques
- Ability to work overtime required on occasion
- Remote and on-call responsibilities may be required
- Typical office environment. Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift 5-20 lbs.
It is ProSphere's policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Job ID 2019-2586