Biomedical Engineer Repair Technician I
- Posted: over a month ago
ProSource360 is a Small Business Administration (SBA) 8(a) Certified, HUBZone firm that offers Information Technology (IT) Support Services, Management Consulting, and Healthcare focused services to federal, state and local government agencies as well as selected healthcare organizations. ProSource360 is dedicated to maintaining the highest standards in the quality of our team members and our work, in a cost-efficient manner. We help organizations achieve quantifiable solutions to their strategic imperatives.Job Description
ProSource 360 Consulting, Inc. is seeking a Biomedical Equipment Repair Technician I to work at the Brooke Army Medical Center located in Fort Sam Houston, Texas. The Biomedical Equipment Repair Technician provides maintenance and technical support functions for equipment and for the users of this equipment. The successful candidate will perform highly skilled work of considerable difficulty on types of equipment requiring initial, continued or specialized training or experience, to include radiology, clinical laboratory, physiological monitoring equipment and other clinical modalities required in a medical center setting. The successful candidate will repair, calibrate, and maintain all types of basic clinical equipment technologies, devices, instruments, and systems. They will also inspect, install, and provide preventive maintenance of general clinical equipment.Qualifications
Job Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Repair electronic, pneumatic, electro-mechanical and mechanical equipment to include troubleshooting, identifying source of problem(s) and replacement of defective printed circuit board(s), discrete-component(s) or other parts as appropriate
- Assist government in determining parts and accessories necessary to perform repair functions as well as document the extent and cost of repairs
- Compute power and space requirements for installation of medical equipment
- Conduct scheduled services (Preventive Maintenance Inspections) of medical equipment to include visual inspections, electrical safety inspections, calibration, and performance verification as well as document and manage all entries of preventive maintenance inspections, equipment repairs and failures
- Conduct inspections of new equipment to include receipt, inventories, assembly, installation, inspection, calibration, and performance verification, parts replacement, and document the results using government provided automated or manual media
- Communicate with clinical staff as necessary to provide assistance with service training, setup, calibration, operation, and application of medical device/system
- Provides subject matter technical training and assistance to parallel staff as needed
- Ensure technicians meet the minimum annual training requirements necessary to meet Department of Defense and Joint Commission (JC) refresher, sustainment and continuous education and training requirements
- Respond to equipment hazard alerts, recall, updates, and incidents
- Makes service recommendations based on manufacturer guidance, personal knowledge skills, and professional judgment
- Operate a government vehicle such as a car/pickup truck/step van
Required Skills, Certifications, Education:
- Graduate of a military Biomedical Equipment Specialist/Technician (BMET) Course or an Associate's or Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college in Biomedical Equipment Technology or Engineering
- Six months of experience with repair and maintenance of medical devices/systems experience
- Valid State Driver's License
Preferred Skills, Certifications, and Education
- Knowledge of basic anatomy and physiology as applied to use of biomedical equipment
- Knowledge of electronic theory, technology, and test equipment
- Knowledge of color code conventions used in component and wiring marking
ProSource360 Consulting Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. HUBZone candidates encouraged to apply.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
ProSource360 Consulting Services, Inc.
AddressSan Antonio, TX
HealthcareView all jobs at ProSource360 Consulting Services, Inc.