ProSidian is a Management and Operations Consulting Services Firm focusing on providing value to clients through tailored solutions based on industry leading practices. ProSidian services focus on the broad spectrum of Risk Management, Compliance, Business Process, IT Effectiveness, Energy & Sustainability, and Talent Management. We help forward thinking clients solve problems and improve operations.
Launched by former Big 4 Management Consultants; our multidisciplinary teams bring together the talents of nearly 190 professionals nationally to complete a wide variety of engagements for Private Companies, Fortune 1,000 Enterprises, and Government Agencies of all sizes. Our Services are deployed across the enterprise, target drivers of economic profit (growth, margin and efficiency), and are aligned at the intersections of assets, processes, policies and people delivering value.
ProSidian clients represent a broad spectrum of industries to include but are not limited to Energy, Manufacturing, Chemical, Retail, Healthcare, Telecommunications, Hospitality, Pharmaceuticals, Banking & Financial Services, Transportation, Federal and State Government Agencies. Learn More About ProSidian Consulting at www.ProSidian.com.
ProSidian Consulting has an immediate opportunity for a Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Warehouse Operations)] located in Charlotte, NC | POSTING TYPE: THIS IS A FULL-TIME W2 HIRE.
ProSidian Consulting is seeking an Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Warehouse Operations) with experience in the administration and management of a Warehouse with significant experience in shipping, receiving, ordering, picking, and other warehouse functions. The Specialist should have expertise in operating warehouse equipment.
As an experienced Warehouse and Logistics professional with ProSidian Consulting, you will be in an invigorating and challenging environment with high standards for work quality, professionalism, and teamwork. We hire only experienced professionals and foster an environment of cooperation and collaboration where everyone is at a high level. If this is you, and you meet the requirements below, we want you on our team.
The Shipping and Receiving Clerk handles the loading and unloading of material, inventory processes, shipping and receiving, daily material management, and compliance with safety and company polices. The ideal candidate will have hands-on warehouse experience. The Specialist shall report directly to the Program Manager, and will interact and collaborate with co-workers. Externally, the warehouse manager will be expected to communicate with suppliers, freight, and transportation companies.
The work shall be performed on-site at the Charlotte warehouse/office, with minimal travel required. Background checks are required for all employees. Competitive Salary and Benefits package available.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated and able to work in a team environment. Duties include, but are not limited to management of equipment, supplies, freight, inventory control, and all fulfillment operations (picking, packing, kitting, shipping, receiving, accountability, and record keeping).
He/she must be able to work effectively at all levels of the organization, be results oriented, have strong decision-making abilities, and a creative problem solver. Internally, the clerk will report directly to the Program Manager, and will interact and collaborate with co-workers. Externally, the warehouse manager will be expected to communicate with suppliers, freight, and transportation companies.
The candidate shall also be skilled in the management and flow of materials between the point of origin and the point of consumption in order to meet client requirements and strict deadlines and variable shipping constraints.
He/she will be responsible for all activities associated with a 10,000 square foot warehouse including, but are not limited to: management of equipment, supplies, freight, inventory control, and all fulfillment operations (picking, packing, kitting, shipping, receiving, accountability, and record keeping).
The logistics of physical items usually involves the integration of information flow, material handling, production, packaging, inventory, transportation, warehousing, and often security.
1. Shipping and receiving. Typical duties: receives and unloads freight both manually or with equipment such as pallet jacks; checks for damaged goods; verifies quantity and quality of order; verifies items received with purchase order; wraps, packages, and ships supplies; delivers and retrieves supplies to and from work or storage areas; tags and issues supplies; stocks shelves and rotates inventory.
2. Inventory maintenance and clerical. Typical duties: participates in physical inventories of warehouse and/or supply yard; maintains inventory records by adding or deleting supplies as they are shipped or received; operates a personal computer to access, enter, and correct information; provides information using customer service skills; may provide advice regarding supplies or property including price and availability; may prepare damage claims for supervisor's review and signature; may coordinate disposal of surplus property and manage records retention.
Job Requirements - Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Works within a computerized online system to manage inventory, shipping, and fulfillment processes
- Monitor order site to maintain accurate and on-time delivery schedules
- Fulfill all orders according to established procedure, best practices, and/or work instructions
- Manage existing, incoming, and outgoing inventory
- Optimizes warehouse workflows and space
- Performs kitting, bundling, and grouping of various marketing items and collateral materials
- Manages reporting requirements (receiving reports, damage reports, inventory reports, shipping issue log, etc.)
- Maintain inventory of packing and shipping supplies
- Audit inventory as required
- Maintains cleanliness of warehouse and warehouse office space
- Keeps work area clean and free from debris and hazards
- Works in accordance with general safety rules and practices
- Works with freight and shipping vendors to maximize cost efficiencies
Job Requirements - The clerk must:
- Be timely, organized, and dependable.
- Have time management skills and the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Have established communication, interpersonal, and listening skills
- Possess warehouse problem solving and analytical skills
- Possess the ability to perform basic math functions and calculations
- Be adept and comfortable working on the computer and in the internet realm
- Know how to pack multiple items securely, safely, and in an organized manner to ensure stringent delivery requirements are met
- Be Proficient or trainable in working with UPS and/or FEDEX systems
Job Requirements - Basic Qualifications To Accomplish Project Tasks:
- Good oral and written communication skills, reading/writing/grammar proficiency, good analytical ability, self motivated, experienced problem solver, and moderate stress tolerance are required.
- Familiar with inventory management techniques, a plus; transportation logistics, warehouse organization, planning and evaluation, must demonstrate mechanical/technical competence, also a plus.
- Must have experience in maintaining records, preparing shipments, accepting deliveries, preparing shipping documents and mailing labels and verifying accuracy of material requests, recording items removed from inventory and tracking material requests and filling orders.
- Individual may spend time in storage rooms, containers or outside on loading platforms, where exposed to the weather. However an Air Conditioned Office shall also be utilized along with a climate managed warehouse environment.
Job Requirements - Functional qualifications To Accomplish Project Tasks:
- Must be able to accurately establish and keep paper and electronic records concerning equipment, funds, shipping, supplies, and other record information in an online computerized inventory, shipping and fulfillment system.