Deputy Human-Centered Design (HCD) Project Director
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Retirement
ProSidian is a Management and Operations Consulting Services Firm focusing on providing value to clients through tailored solutions based on industry-leading practices. ProSidian services focus on the broad spectrum of Risk Management, Compliance, Business Process, IT Effectiveness, Energy & Sustainability, and Talent Management. We help forward-thinking clients solve problems and improve operations.
Launched by former Big 4 Management Consultants; our multidisciplinary teams bring together the talents of nearly 190 professionals nationally to complete a wide variety of engagements for Private Companies, Fortune 1,000 Enterprises, and Government Agencies of all sizes. Our Services are deployed across the enterprise, target drivers of economic profit (growth, margin, and efficiency), and are aligned at the intersections of assets, processes, policies, and people delivering value.
ProSidian clients represent a broad spectrum of industries to include but are not limited to Energy, Manufacturing, Chemical, Retail, Healthcare, Telecommunications, Hospitality, Pharmaceuticals, Banking & Financial Services, Transportation, Federal and State Government Agencies. Learn More About ProSidian Consulting at www.ProSidian.com.
ProSidian Seeks a Deputy Human-Centered Design (HCD) Project Director to support requirements of a Federal Agency contract which supports the development of global health products/technologies, service delivery models, and other approaches that can be efficiently and effectively scaled.
Through the application of HCD, global health products, services, delivery models, and programs will better meet the needs of end users and will be designed more appropriately to enable greater demand for, and uptake of, such products and approaches and supports the Global Health (GH) Bureau's work to accelerate the introduction and scale-up of priority health technologies and interventions in support of Global Health priorities, which are:
1) Ending preventable maternal and child deaths and 2) Creating an AIDS free generation.
This work generally includes a focus on products and interventions across Infectious Disease, Maternal and Child Health (MCH), Nutrition, HIV/AIDS, Population and Reproductive Health (PRH), Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTD), Health Systems Strengthening (HSS), Malaria, and Tuberculosis (TB). The purpose is to provide Bureau and Missions access to Human-Centered Design (HCD) services as part of a broad range of tools and technical capabilities.
The Deputy Human-Centered Design (HCD) Human-Centered Design (HCD) Project Director is responsible for leading implementation of activities in line with the project's overall strategic direction and ensuring technical excellence and successful execution of the Statement of Work (SOW).
The Deputy Human-Centered Design (HCD) Human-Centered Design (HCD) Project Director will closely oversee all activities and ensure lessons learned are shared across activities and applied to improve performance. The Deputy Human-Centered Design (HCD) Human-Centered Design (HCD) Project Director will work closely with the Activity Manager at USAID to identify and solve issues as they arise, as well as attend major briefings and manage the client relationship across all activities on a day-to-day basis.
Human-centered design is a creative approach to problem solving through Inspiration | Ideation | Implementation and is a cornerstone of our work at ProSidian Consulting. It's a process that starts with the people you're designing for and ends with new solutions that are tailor made to suit their needs.
Human-centered design is all about building a deep empathy with the people you're designing for; generating tons of ideas; building a bunch of prototypes; sharing what you've made with the people you're designing for; and eventually putting your innovative new solution out in the world.
Human-centered design consists of three phases. In the Inspiration Phase you'll learn directly from the people you're designing for as you immerse yourself in their lives and come to deeply understand their needs. In the Ideation Phase you'll make sense of what you learned, identify opportunities for design, and prototype possible solutions. And in the Implementation Phase you'll bring your solution to life, and eventually, to market. And you'll know that your solution will be a success because you've kept the very people you're looking to serve at the heart of the process.
The Deputy Human-Centered Design (HCD) Project Director must possess the following qualifications:
- Master's degree or higher in human-centered design, design, engineering, public health, business, behavioral studies, or other related field.
- At least 5 years of demonstrated technical expertise, with substantial developing country context experience, in at least one or more of the following technical areas: application of new and relevant HCD techniques that create insights into end-user actions, thoughts and behaviors; investigative methods including: ethnographic study, contextual inquiry, concept/solution testing, usability testing and similar methods; generative methods including: card sorting, affinity diagramming and participatory design sessions; cooperative design; and contextual design. Community participation, rural WASH, behavior change, field research, governance, institutional development, and private sector engagement.
- At least 2 years of demonstrated experience in a management position in design.
- Previous experience managing projects of a similar magnitude and complexity.
- Demonstrated ability to design and manage field-based research studies.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a wide range of government and civil society counterparts and donor and UN partners.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Teamwork - ability to foster teamwork collaboratively as a participant, and effectively as a team leader
- Leadership - ability to guide and lead colleagues on projects and initiatives
- Business Acumen - understanding and insight into how organizations perform, including business processes, data, systems, and people
- Communication - ability to effectively communicate to stakeholders at all levels orally and in writing
- Motivation - persistent in pursuit of quality and optimal client and company solutions
- Agility - ability to quickly understand and transition between different projects, concepts, initiatives, or work streams
- Judgment - exercises prudence and insight in decision-making process while mindful of other stakeholders and long-term ramifications
- Organization - ability to manage projects and actions, and prioritize tasks
------------ ------------ ------------
- Business Tools - understanding and proficiency with business tools and technology, including Microsoft Office. The ideal candidate is advanced with Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word, and proficient with Adobe Acrobat, data analytic tools, and Visio with the ability to quickly learn other tools as necessary.
- Commitment - to work with smart, interesting people with diverse backgrounds to solve the biggest challenges across private, public and social sectors
- Curiosity - the ideal candidate exhibits an inquisitive nature and the ability to question the status quo among a community of people they enjoy and teams that work well together
- Humility - exhibits grace in success and failure while doing meaningful work where skills have impact and make a difference
- Willingness - to constantly learn, share, and grow and to view the world as their classroom
------------ ------------ ------------
BENEFITS AND HIGHLIGHTS
At ProSidian, we invest in our employees to help them stay healthy and achieve work-life balance. Our full-time team members receive a comprehensive benefits package that includes Competitive Compensation, Group Health Insurance Health Benefits, 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan Contributions, Vacation and Paid Time off (PTO) Benefits, Pre-Tax Payment Programs, Purchasing Discounts & Savings Plans, a ProSidian Employee & Contractor Referral Bonus Program, Performance Incentives, etc. Our comprehensive benefits package includes a medical, dental and vision plan. Our growing list of benefits currently includes the following for internships:
- Competitive Compensation: ProSidian provides an opportunity to gain college credit through requirements set and approved by your university as well as a stipend granted by ProSidian Consulting when all requirements for such are met at the termination of the internship. ProSidian will work with your university to meet any and all requirements which will allow you to achieve your goals in this position and obtain college credit transferable to your school.
- Purchasing Discounts & Savings Plans: We want you to achieve financial success. We offer a Purchasing Discounts & Savings Plan through The ProSidian Corporate Perks Benefit Program - Helping You Do More With Less: https://ProSidian.CorporatePerks.com. This provides special discounts for eligible employees on products and services you buy on a daily basis.
- Security Clearance: Due to the nature of our management and operations consulting engagements for Private Companies, Fortune 1,000 Enterprises, and Government Agencies of all sizes; oftentimes there are Security Clearance requirements for Engagement Teams handling sensitive Engagements in the Federal Marketplace. A Security Clearance is a valued asset in your professional portfolio and adds to your credentials based on past, present, and future work.
- Leverageable Experience and Thought Leadership: By collaborating with firm leadership, other members of the team, as well as Fellows and collaborating partners in what is a flat organization, you'll make valuable professional connections, interact with clients daily, gain leverageable Experience, and contribute to Thought Leadership while you build a basket of marketable experiences.
- ProSidian Employee & Contractor Referral Bonus Program: ProSidian Consulting will pay up to $5k for all referrals (payments made after new hire has been employed for 90 days) for candidates submitted through our Employee Referral Program.
- Performance Incentives: Due to the nature of our management and operations consulting engagements for Private Companies, Fortune 1,000 Enterprises, and Government Agencies of all sizes there are performance incentives associated with each new client that each employee works to pursue and support.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION -
See Below Instructions On The Best Way To Apply
- ProSidian Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or another eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- ProSidian Consulting has made a pledge to the Hiring Our Heroes Program of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation and the "I Hire Military" Initiative of The North Carolina Military Business Center (NCMBC) for the State of North Carolina. All applicants are encouraged to apply regardless of Veteran Status.
- Furthermore, we believe in "HONOR ABOVE ALL" - be successful while doing things with the right way. The pride comes out of the challenge; the reward is excellence in the work. FOR EASY APPLICATION USE OUR CAREER SITE LOCATED ON http://www.ProSidian.com/ OR SEND YOUR RESUME'S, BIOS, AND SALARY EXPECTATION / RATES TO CAREERS @PROSIDIAN.COM. ONLY CANDIDATES WITH REQUIRED CRITERIA ARE CONSIDERED. Be sure to place the job reference code in the subject line of your email. Be sure to include your name, address, telephone number, total compensation package, employment history, and educational credentials.
ProSidian Consulting, LLC
1300 Pennslyvania Ave.Washington, DC
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.