We're growing, and would love for you to join our team.
The ideal candidate will be a self starter who is well organized and comfortable dealing with financial data. This individual will be responsible for overseeing the accounts payable and receivable, processing payroll and conducting other tasks related to finance. They should be excellent at recording data and have an ability to produce clear financial reports.
Bookkeepers are responsible for managing bookkeeping and general office administrative duties. Primary responsibilities include accounts payable, bank deposits, account reconciliations, and other finance-related duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintaining records according to generally accepted accounting principles including the recordation of general journal entries, accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash management, and reconciliation of bank statements
- Applying strong accounting skills, including A/P, A/R, purchasing backup, journal entries, and all bookkeeping through financial statement preparation
- Performing other duties as assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES)
- Two or more years of office or bookkeeping experience
- Payroll skills and use of standard bookkeeping software is required; previous experience in accounting and QuickBooks or related programs
- Strong knowledge of bookkeeping practices and procedures
- Accuracy and attention to detail is needed, as well as a track record of reliability, confidentiality, and conscientious work habits
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Ability to organize and prioritize effectively
- Attention to detail with an exceptional level of accuracy
- Ability to adapt and work efficiently in a rapidly changing dynamic environment with deadline pressures
- Demonstrated proficiency in dealing directly with clients
- Bookkeeping: 2 years
- QuickBooks Online: 2 years
Qualified candidates should be able to perform the following routine and advanced duties in QuickBooks:
Creating customer invoices, creating/ processing bills using PO’s, processing customer payments, processing checks for bill payments, processing wire transfers at bank, monthly bank reconciliation, collecting/processing incoming and outgoing mail, maintaining invoice schedule, processing payroll / entering journal entries from CPA, various excel spreadsheet work as assigned, yearly income tax work with assistance of CPA, year-end filing.
In addition, duties will include maintaining employee files, answering incoming phone calls.
As this is a part-time position, additional hours may be available.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $20.00 to $23.00 /hour